Looking for a 92 or 93 standard vintage sunburst

HomerThompson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i’ve been looking for a 1992 or 1993 les paul standard vintage sunburst. I thought maybe someone may be able to point me in some direction; not trying to turn this into a buy/sell page but ive lost out on two deals in a row looking for that specific guitar and thought if anyone would know anything its you guys . Cheers.

HomerThompson

Reaction score
The only advice I could give would be to keep checking Reverb/ebay. I'm genuinely curious though; what made you decide specifically upon 92/93?
I just know it i guess. Every time i see one i just know “it will be mine, oh yes” and i will be checking very regularely , thanks.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
They are the best, to look at ... thats as far as ive got
I've seen/handled a few and they were "all the same".
I now each guitar has it's own tone, feel, etc. but they were always really close.
Good wood, good craftsmanship. Usually very resonant.

Mine now has Vintage type pickups and a blank truss rod cover.
I also changed the speed knobs for a more Vintage look.

Nintari

Reaction score
I've seen/handled a few and they were "all the same".
I now each guitar has it's own tone, feel, etc. but they were always really close.
Good wood, good craftsmanship. Usually very resonant.

Mine now has Vintage type pickups and a blank truss rod cover.
I also changed the speed knobs for a more Vintage look.
I feel like with electric guitars, the differences (outside of the pickups, of course) are more cerebral in nature than actually empirical. Now on acoustics... that's a completely different beast.

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I feel like with electric guitars, the differences (outside of the pickups, of course) are more cerebral in nature than actually empirical. Now on acoustics... that's a completely different beast.
Feel it all you want.

;)

Last edited:

David Garner

Reaction score
Nice!
Changed the bridge because?
I liked what it did to the tone. It’s a Faber Tone Lock. Some folks won’t like it. It’s a little brighter and a fair bit more articulate. But I love it. I ordered a Tone Lock bridge and tailpiece for the one in my avatar before I even picked it up.

pete_

Reaction score
I have a ‘94 if that counts and I would never let it go. It’s a fucking great guitar.

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
I own a '91 Studio Lite and it is a great little guitar with really hot pickups. I hope you find the exact guitar you are looking for! Cheers!

'91 Lite.png

Latest Threads