Looking for 90db or so 10" & 12" low efficiency speakers

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
An open request to Chris...

Brother, don't stop disagreeing with me man. Believe it or not I like it and YOU.. Its the snide disrespectful tone that sometimes comes out that both of us can do without.. Deal?

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brother, don't stop disagreeing with me man. Believe it or not I like it and YOU.. Its the snide disrespectful tone that sometimes comes out that both of us can do without.. Deal?

:thumb:

Brewdude

Reaction score
Sooooo how about that WGS Veteran 10"? :shock:

For $40 I think I may just pick one up to try it out, though it will be a while before I get it and can break it in to give you any sort of feedback on it. From the reviews and youtube clips it seems like a nice little speaker if you want a small home rig.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score

Open reply to Frank. It was nice chatting with you on the refret thread.

Not sure what you find snide. All of my comments and replies on this thread were intended to get it back on topic. The brevity of some of my comments was merely because I'm on my iPhone and with my nerve damage, it's a b*tch to type, so I keep it short sometimes. All apologies if you felt insulted. I'll be more careful when replying to you.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Not sure what you find snide. All of my comments and replies on this thread were intended to get it back on topic. The brevity of some of my comments was merely because I'm on my iPhone and with my nerve damage, it's a b*tch to type, so I keep it short sometimes. All apologies if you felt insulted. I'll be more careful when replying to you.

There is no apology needed here. No insults were taken.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

*Mod Note*

uhh, NO. Not gonna fly. I don't care how the message is intended, it paves the way for further discussion between the two of you.

Frankly, it absorbs too much of my time to deal with this.

Now you both know I've asked you both to not communicate with each other. This WILL be the end of it. No further comments from either party towards either party. Good, bad, or indifferent. Put each other on "ignore" for all I care. You're done.

Not another word.

The End.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

*Mod Note*

uhh, NO. Not gonna fly. I don't care how the message is intended, it paves the way for further discussion between the two of you.

Frankly, it absorbs too much of my time to deal with this.

Now you both know I've asked you both to not communicate with each other. This WILL be the end of it. No further comments from either party towards either party. Good, bad, or indifferent. Put each other on "ignore" for all I care. You're done.

Not another word.

The End.

I never suspected that you had kids until just now. :)

copperheadroad

Reaction score
These days thats like asking for a Ferrari with a weed wacker engine in it ...
forget it & get an atteunator , 90 db speaker will have bass response like farting through a styro cup over 100m
who makes a 90 db 12" speaker ? .....
I bet humans fart louder than 90db ...wth ...my laptop is that loud

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
forget it & get an atteunator , 90 db speaker will have bass response like farting through a styro cup over 100m

A most interesting way of phrasing yourself. It gave me a chuckle. Thanks :thumb:

copperheadroad

Reaction score
At one point I thought that if i could find the perfect speaker .Now finding that same at a desired volume ...Not invented yet ...as any guitar speaker Will NOT SHOW IT'S TRUE TONE at whisper volumes .
all of a sudden you are in the wrong category.....90db ? that is headphone levels not guitar drivers .

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score

At one point I thought that if i could find the perfect speaker .Now finding that same at a desired volume ...Not invented yet ...as any guitar speaker Will NOT SHOW IT'S TRUE TONE at whisper volumes .
all of a sudden you are in the wrong category.....90db ? that is headphone levels not guitar drivers .

I dont agree. What's "true tone" anyway?? Whatever it sounds like in person is by definition it's true tone, right?
As for low-efficiency speakers, it has nothing to do with bass response. I have the WGS 10" Vets and they're 93dB. They're badass. I could drop a name and post a screen grab of a text from someone telling me how much he liked the amp and these speakers, specifically. They're not super loud, though a pair in my beefed up 5f2-a build keeps up with a small bluesrock-style band/jam.
If you try to push too much power into them, they'll break up/fart, but that's what I like.
Gotta bring the kids in... More later!!

copperheadroad

Reaction score
I dont agree. What's "true tone" anyway?? Whatever it sounds like in person is by definition it's true tone, right?
As for low-efficiency speakers, it has nothing to do with bass response. I have the WGS 10" Vets and they're 93dB. They're badass. I could drop a name and post a screen grab of a text from someone telling me how much he liked the amp and these speakers, specifically. They're not super loud, though a pair in my beefed up 5f2-a build keeps up with a small bluesrock-style band/jam.
If you try to push too much power into them, they'll break up/fart, but that's what I like.
Gotta bring the kids in... More later!!
90 db is the OP desired DB ...your vet 10 are 93db which are considerabley louder .3 db is is almost twice as loud .
DB IS not just a Math equation .90db is twice as loud as 45 db ...no dont work that way .
my 212 cab with 100 db WGS REAPERS HP gets eaten alive when i put it up against my 112 cab with an eminence wizard which is 103db .
to the OP 90 DB SPEAKERS will be efficient ...not important if you find the tone you like ..if your looking for V30 type you may not find it .

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Actually, 10dB is perceived as twice as loud. 3dB is hardly noticeable. If your wizard is that much louder, it probably has more to do with the speaker's frequency response and "cut", rather than efficiency. And doubling the speaker provides a 3dB increase in volume.
And yes, it's measured on a log scale.

curlyk

Reaction score
As has already been suggested, the Jensen range might have something which gets close to what you're looking for. For example, the P10R-F is 92.5dB. The other approach might be to trawl auction and second hand sites looking for old drivers, since speaker efficiency has generally seen "improvements" (increases) over the years.

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me just make sure I am on the correct page; when we're saying "93db" that means 93db at 1 watt? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere but I just can't recall where.

And yes, 93 db would be within my range (hence my title, "...90db or so..."

Latest Threads