Long leather strap?

iavera

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

Ok, so I'm 6'2" and like to hang my LP lower than my other guitars...Ive been having a hard time finding a strap long enough that suits my LP, I just want a long black leather strap, little cushion but a fairly plain one. Any suggestions?

pnuggett

Reaction score
The Italia straps are really nice. I have two. High quality leather. They fit the strap buttons really tight and can be hard to remove which can be a good thing. If you want them to come off easier you can remove a small amount of leather. Highly recommended.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have two... choose the extra long option.

They are extremely high quality, and look even better in person.

Front:

Back:

Phelan

Reaction score
They look great! Does anyone have any info on a UK based retailer of long leather straps (guitar)?

nitrodave08

Reaction score
You can go to a leather shop (motorcycle, horse riding, tandy etc) and have an extended strap made (the skinny part).

pentat0nicc

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

Ok, so I'm 6'2" and like to hang my LP lower than my other guitars...Ive been having a hard time finding a strap long enough that suits my LP, I just want a long black leather strap, little cushion but a fairly plain one. Any suggestions?
me too, 6'3 and love a low slung LP......i cant find decent shoes either!

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
You can go to a leather shop (motorcycle, horse riding, tandy etc) and have an extended strap made (the skinny part).
I buy "pleather" from the craft store, and make my own version of the skinny part, but much longer.

Most new guitar straps are always so short, its like they're made for kids.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
These are very long straps and look killer. I have one and it's very well made. They are not plain nor leather, though.

EDIT... they actually do have leather.... just noticed.

http://www.getmgetm.com/

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys rock those wide straps? I prefer a much thinner strap. a little over 1" wide, it just feels so much more comfortable to me. All of mine are nylon as I have never been able to find a strap that thin in leather.

dodger916

Reaction score
Those are nice, and reasonably priced for a leather strap.

italiastraps

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
+1 for Italia Straps. I believe they will ship worldwide. Opt for the extra long model. I'm 6'4" and asked them to add 3" to the extra long model and they did for no extra charge. Which is why I own over a dozen of 'em.
Thanks Thunder Dump!
We do ship worldwide...for free.
Extra-long straps are no problem. Just let us know. Our "normal" long version strap extends to 54" but we often custom make straps that are 60"+.

All the best,
Cindi :)

NHTom

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Ernie Ball Leather straps. I'm not so much tall as round......:shock:

They adjust from 43" to 63"

I'm up to 5 of them now.

NHTom

JesseTheGerm

Reaction score
Slick straps on guitarfetish.com are long.

Most of them are painted in cool/wacky/loud designs (depending on your perspective) BUT they have a plain leather option.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Souldier makes the most comfy and cool lookin straps. My buddy is 6'2 and he has no problem adjusting it down

Latest Threads