London (UK) Tattooist offering cut price tattoos.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
as far as a tattooist starting out, i think it is a ggod idea to serve an apprenticeship under an established artist, as well as taking the steps to learn about proper sterilization techinques, dealing with sharps, and bio waste.
working in a shop as a trainee or apprentice will help get these skills and gain an understanding of things other than just the mechanics of tattooing.
a basic understanding of dermatology, infectious diseases, and treatment of skin ailments is also pretty much required reading among most professional artists that i know.
believe me, i know about this process, as i started an apprenticeship many years ago, only to give it up when the film industry started picking up for me.

there is a lot more to think about than just tattooing your friends and other people for low prices.
a good tattoo aint cheap and a cheap tattoo usually aint good.

i wish ya the best in starting out your career, but i encourage you to go about it the right way.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
a basic understanding of dermatology, infectious diseases, and treatment of skin ailments is also pretty much required reading among most professional artists that i know.

HUGE!!!!! No sense doing peoples ink if everyones arms end up gangrene

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
freehand, bold line old school, mixed with bio mech.

406978_3174249118186_1324293474_4916511_2109147640_n.jpg

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have to second the idea of apprenticing under an established (And good) tattoo artist when starting out. That seems to be the accepted route here in the US, and people that bypass it are generally considered "scratchers" by most people I know.

This has nothing to do with the OP (And good luck to you. :)), but most people I know that are serious about their tattoos, avoid places that are really cheap, and don't try to bargain shop... There's a time and place to look for a good "deal", but permanent skin art isn't one of them.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey hey. I've very recently started tattooing & am doing some good stuff. Im even considering it as a possible career venture. So Im looking to get more experience & build a portfolio.

The reason I got into this is because I love tattoos but cant afford the prices of top draw tattooists. So Im looking for musicians & people like me who want cool tatts but are poor as ****. Im gonna ask for a minimum amount (£30+ depending on time etc...) so I can put it towards getting more tattoo equipment. Obviously I cant do anything too complex at the moment, but am learning fast. Im doing only Black Ink with Dot-shading. Obviously if you want amazing professional work, please go to the pros. If you want something simple-ish but unique, I may be able to help. If you're interested in having something done by me, then get in touch & we go from there. You can check out my portfolio so far at:
Tattoos pictures by glynnecicada - Photobucket

Cheers.
Much love,

glynne​

without even looking at the pics, this line would stop me dead in my tracks.

glynneCicada

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanx a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I would love to do an apprenticeship with an established tattooist. But here in London it is very difficult to get into the trade. The pros are very tight lipped around here & are very quiet when giving out even very basic advise. Im not just going into this blindly & scratching people up with all kinds of health issues to boot. Ive had a few tattoos myself & am getting some great help from apprentice tattooists. I love tattoos & have the utmost respect for the art & the tradition. My aim is to build up a small portfolio so that I can approach parlours & artists for a possible fute apprenticeship. Obviously I cannot do full back pieces & great professional works of art. But the pieces I have done so far I am very happy with & have had very positive & supportive feedback. There are many Tattooists in London who run full time parlours who are doing worse work than me. The shit that they produce is terrible & should be shut down. So, I want to give people great tattoos in exchange for the experience. If I cant get an apprenticeship but want to pursue the tattoo world, how else can I get into it. And Im asking for bare minimum cash so I can put it towards better gear.
As for the Photobucket comment, is there any other file sharing site that you would recommend that is more 'professional'? I gotta start somewhere & until I get my foot into the door of a full-time artists parlour, this seems the best route. Any other ideas & suggestions are very welcome. I really appreciate the feedback guys.
Cheers. g.

glynneCicada

Reaction score
With regards to my rubbish business plan of giving tattoos away to poor people, the experience is worth ten fold what the money is. I play experimental progressive Avant garde music, so am not into anything for the big bucks. Im never going to get rich & famous from the paths I choose. Its all about the art & communication of art & ideas. I myself am pretty broke, & cant afford new tattoo work. So Im trying to reach out to people similar to me. I am very clean & practice high hygienic rules when I do my pieces. I have shown the basics & essentials of tattoo hygiene, but of course have a long way to go. Yes Im a beginner, but am not entering into this with my eyes closed. That wouldnt help me or the people I want to share ideas & ink with. Its a long, hard road. But I gotta start somewhere. And from the advise Ive taken so far, this seems to be the best way until I can get my foot in the door.
Cheers, g.

Latest Threads