London / Paris Trip

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I just booked tickets to London for the end of next month. Our friends are getting married in Paris the beginning of June, so we're going to spend a week in London with a friend who lives there, and then a week in Paris. :applause:

Of course, I plan on taking a tour of the Marshall headquarters while there! :dude: Don't really have too much else planned. We'll probably have our friend in London show us around for the most part, and then we'll go around with the group of friends who'll be at the wedding while in Paris and do stuff together there.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ask if they give free samples at the Marshall factory like they do at the Hershey factory. :thumb:

good luck w/ the trip. Have fun.

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
If you get a chance, brush up on the history of and visit the Palace Of Versailles. It's awe inspiring. Notre Dame was also cool and the Louvre is awesome too!! The man knows how to bankrupt a country!

Homepage - Palace of Versailles

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Can I leave England a comment card to tell them that their beers would be better cold?

gitmohair

Reaction score
Can I leave England a comment card to tell them that their beers would be better cold?

No, just leave us with the warm beer we're quite happy with and send us shed loads of your cheeseburgers :)

DADGAD

Reaction score
I did the London/ Paris thing. Paris was amazing. Beautiful history and architecture. London was expensive with terrible food.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I think, at least for the places that we have wanted to eat, Paris is much more expensive. That's said, today's only our first day here in Paris, but for not spending a while lot, we got some AMAZING food. 15-20€ for food that you'd have to pay $100 for in the states.

Bohacker

Reaction score
Make reservations at La Maison du Jardin. Reservations required. Great little restaurant near Luxembourg gardens. 35 euro for a 3 course meal. I've eaten there a dozen times and everything, and I mean everything, was fantastic. Plus the garden is one of the most beautiful in the city. Well worth going a bit early a spending some time there. Garden closes at dark so plan accordingly.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
If we served proper beer cold, the badger claws wouldn't dissolve properly and we'd choke!
You utter, utter, Philistine!
:beer:

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Marshall are in Bletchley though,
Not on the tourist trail exactly.
Or ever likely to be.
Soz to anyone from that part of the U.K., I'm not a fan.
Though nearby Milton Keynes does have The Bowl which has some good gigs.
There's not a lot else there, unless you're a fan of roundabouts and concrete cows.

Parisians are so annoying.
They serve great food in a fantastic location and the bloody know it!!!
But of the two I prefer Marseille.

If I'd seen this earlier I would have given you some suggestions, off of the tourist trail.
I frequently have to entertain visiting Americans in and around London.
I usually enjoy it and you lot seem to have enjoyed the experience (...so far).

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
have never been to Paris, but have never heard of anyone that went there and didn't fall in love with it.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think, at least for the places that we have wanted to eat, Paris is much more expensive. That's said, today's only our first day here in Paris, but for not spending a while lot, we got some AMAZING food. 15-20€ for food that you'd have to pay $100 for in the states.

Be sure to try out the snails and frog legs. Mind over matter, they are delicious :laugh2:

Sacre Coeur is my favorite place..with the artists around Montmartre.

prs97

Reaction score
Took my wife to Paris for her 40th. Trip of a lifetime.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
I was in London and Paris last month. I enjoyed both but kinda ruined the experience by going to Venice first! After the beauty, splendour and history of Venice I found it hard to get as excited about Paris. No doubt Paris does opulent and extravagant like no one else, but it comes behind Venice for sheer beauty IMHO. The food in Paris was great. All meals at all times.

I was pleasantly surprised by London. It was much better than I expected. The Queen's Jubilee and Olympics have really done good things for that city. I disagree that the food is no good in London. I had a few bistro meals where the main courses were £10-15 that were excellent. Wine and beer also seemed fairly priced.

In terms of going back, I would put Venice No. 1, French Alps No. 2, London No. 3 and Paris No. 4. That is not to say that Paris is not spectacular and worth more than one visit... that's just how I saw it.

Cheers

Latest Threads