Lollapalooza has really gone south in 30 years

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They only recorded 5 songs for a Record Day Special promotion. Play maybe 1-2 songs on tour in the middle of their set to break it up. I know the concert I was at Friday, We Should Be Dancin got the biggest response of anything. So obviously it is working for them.

They also played Mountain Song by Janes and Somebody to Love by Queen.
The thing about Dave is he's not a guy in a rock band, but a music fan in a rock band. FF is really the most fun band out there.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about Dave is he's not a guy in a rock band, but a music fan in a rock band. FF is really the most fun band out there.
100X better live than in the studio. Basically a bar band that happens to be super talented.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't forget all of the mediocre acts, some of which are filled with has-beens and what's left of some groups. Add in the stunning new groups with their wonderful brand of noise, and you have all the makings of a complete and total waste of time, money and effort.

You'd be better off staying home, listening to the radio, and grilling up some protein. :laugh2:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I am completely comfortable that I am not part of the target demographic of this garbage. I'd rather listen to the ringing in my ears than that crud.

Reactions: Who

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am tempted to find an old unit like that and retro fit it with a serious stereo rig (Jolida, Rega, B&W, etc.). The key is that it has to be a nice looking piece of furniture to begin with.
My Aunt & Uncle had a really nice one. It was a Marantz Select, or ??? Very high end. High end components. Tube driven amp. Elegant wood inlay top. It was a spectacular piece of furniture that made music. When we got married and moved into our shoebox apartment, they offered it to us.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Olds442

Reaction score
we had a nice one growing up, it's now at my brother's place in FL. he gutted it and stuffed some new innerds in it, sounded great. i think it's rosewood, it was heavy af.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Set it up as a CD player and have Lolla artist Flipp Dinero over to yell at you to throw yo hands up! View attachment 553197 net worth 1.3 mill. He’s made an average of 3-4K a month this summer. I’m guessing those are 1$ bills. FWIW.
He b frontin- those aint even Benjamins!

My guess is, looking at the 50$ bill on the top- 2 50$ bricks for a total of 10 large, but he just might be hiding Ones on the way to the strip club!

With that stack that would be some party either way!

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Aunt & Uncle had a really nice one. It was a Marantz Select, or ??? Very high end. High end components. Tube driven amp. Elegant wood inlay top. It was a spectacular piece of furniture that made music. When we got married and moved into our shoebox apartment, they offered it to us.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

A late bud of mine still had one in his den, very high dollar... He had a freaking room full of CDs and the biggest collection of vinyl including 45s I'd seen.... (multiple copies of 45s if re-covered or different label ). Freaking walking encyclopedia.... along with everything he did sessions on....which was a lot along with all copies of all his band recorded... I'd tell him about a band I'd run across and he'd buy all of their CDs or vinyl and listen to every tune. He had audio equipment from hell but kept the old console because of the way it sounded....

Some of those old consoles were really great sounding systems.... Not cheap by a long shot...

Zungle

Reaction score
Don't forget all of the mediocre acts, some of which are filled with has-beens and what's left of some groups. Add in the stunning new groups with their wonderful brand of noise, and you have all the makings of a complete and total waste of time, money and effort.

You'd be better off staying home and stroking your protein. :laugh2:
Fixed^^^^^^^^^^^

Latest Threads