LOL moment

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the first slap I'd have kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. When he dropped to his knees I'd have grabbed the back of his head and slammed his face into my up thrusting right knee.
"take that you bastid"

Sct13

Reaction score
Wow ...I hope that stupid ass got sued

fkin bully

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are athletes on a grand scale.... It IS scripted though to make money..... It is a circus show.....

You just can't get punched in the face a gillion times, dropped on your head, kicked where it counts, get beaten with a chair, thrown out of the ring on a table, and then all of a sudden real quick like get a second wind and throw somebody across the ring and dive on em from the top rope....

six-string

Reaction score
They are athletes on a grand scale.... It IS scripted though to make money..... It is a circus show.....

You just can't get punched in the face a gillion times, dropped on your head, kicked where it counts, get beaten with a chair, thrown out of the ring on a table, and then all of a sudden real quick like get a second wind and throw somebody across the ring and dive on em from the top rope....
Speak for yourself!
I've done it millions of times.
Usually when I forget to compliment my wife's cooking at the dinner table.
You'd think I'd learn by now....

Becker34

Reaction score
Wow ...I hope that stupid ass got sued

fkin bully
There was a lawsuit that was settled. Stossel got paid. Schultz pretty much got driven out of the business. He said that Vince McMahon told him to do something if he was asked about the "f word."

In the days leading into the 80s or so before WWF went national, pro wrestling ran on a regional basis and was treated much more seriously, especially by those in the business. One of the things you were taught to do was to "protect the business" if someone questioned it, which sometimes meant getting physical with a "mark" (someone outside of pro wrestling who wasn't in on it) to make an example out of them and show that wrestling was legit. Sometimes it was a punch, sometimes it was being stretched (laying in a hold so that it's legitimately painful which may or may not end in injury). Territory owners would often fire wrestlers who lost barfights to marks.

Selling the illusion that pro wrestling is legit (kayfabe) was much more important before the expansion, There were roughly 27 or so full time territories in the US where wrestlers, managers, referees and support staff made full time livings. You made all your money at the gate. There weren't TV deals, pay per view, streaming, etc. Even though people always questioned the sport aspect of pro wrestling, many protected kayfabe because they felt that if everyone was smart to what was happening, the business would die.

FWIW, I was involved with a local company for a good chunk of the 90's-00's. I wasn't a wrestler but I did just about everything else. David Schultz trained my boss/mentor. Never heard a bad thing about Doc.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to be a wrestler you get your ass kicked by everyone. If you don't quit then you can usually get to a local show and get your ass kicked again. Check out tapes I'd stu harts dungeon. He was fuckin 70 putting youngsters in moves until they'd puke.

redking

Reaction score
Just to be a wrestler you get your ass kicked by everyone. If you don't quit then you can usually get to a local show and get your ass kicked again. Check out tapes I'd stu harts dungeon. He was fuckin 70 putting youngsters in moves until they'd puke.
And Bret and Owen were little kids listening down the stairs laughing their asses off while Stu made grown men cry down in the Hart dungeon - until it was their turn when they got older and he made them cry down there!

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that would have made the incident better was to replace Stossel with Geraldo Rivera

Reactions: ehb

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hats off to every wrestler in the business. On the road most of the year, little money until you make it big, non-stop beatings and pain killers just to get by. Tough SOBs.
Hats off? No, more like WTH were they thinking when they chose their career path.

Sct13

Reaction score
I got a story ...

While stationed at Ft Benning GA (Army) I was a new Medic and stationed at the hospital .....I was promptly invited over for beer and pretzels by the Sarge and another medic .... so being new I accepted.....we had something to eat that was Sothern fare and sat outside in the Georgia Spring evening air.....We went inside when the bugs got too overwhelming and the smell of the Chattahoochee river became unbearable....STANK....

They promptly turned on the TV and put on ....you Guessed it ....wrestling ....Now I'm still tryin g to be polite but have a few in me....and after watching these two numbskulls take in the matches ..."as if they were real".....I blurt out...."This shit is So FAKE"

They both looked at me as if I shamed the confederacy by pulling down the stars and bars .....or said Daisy from Dukes of Hazards was a lesbo/Slut (which it wouldn't matter to me) cuz she was cool....I like Ellie May Clampet too ...Mary Anne over Ginger any-day

But it was pretty much like I insulted their intelligence ....party OVER ....and it took a while to "win" back their respect..

The point is ....they were very successful in thier marketing to pull off this stuff ....both of these guys were pretty smart and were accomplished Medical Staff.....IT was obvious that some of those "injuries" required medical attention ....if not coroner attention ...

I never bought it ....

Reactions: ehb

Latest Threads