Locking roller bridge.

vlxerdon

Reaction score
Thinking about putting one on my guitar. Any opinions, good , bad, or otherwise would be appreciated.

ARandall

Reaction score
I've got one on a bigsby equipped guitar. They sit quite tall - mine was fitted to a guitar with a shallow neck angle, so I had to grind the bottom down for the action to be acceptable. However mine is an unusual case and not the norm.

Do expect that you might have a tonal shift with such a bridge....but that is sort of a norm for any hardware change.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Added them to a guitar or two that had a Bigsby, no real issue. I have one on a Peerless Retromatic that doesn't have a trem, and while it's not a negative, I don't see the purpose of having one on a guitar that DOESN'T have a trem.

vlxerdon

Reaction score
Thanks guys new here but not to guitars, just a Fender man. Sorry. New to the Les Paul as well. Hear about the stock bridges bending after a while, thought I would get ahead of that. Roller because the stock bridge looks like it would be a good area for string breakage. Most likely would not need it without a trem, but that's why I asked for opinions. I could build you a Strat from the ground up, but what I know about the Lester you could place on the head of a pin.

paddybrown

Reaction score
I tried a roller bridge in conjunction with a Duesenberg Les Trem ii, but it didn't make any difference to tuning stability, and I found it deadened the sound very slightly, so I went back to the standard Tune-o-Matic.

Last edited:

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
i've yet to find one that didn't look like sh*t

roller bridges have their place though

Latest Threads