living with depression

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.
i know i havent posted in a while, and when i have it has been a short comment, and not much else more.
as a lot of you know, i used to be a moderator here, and i work in a music shop.
what a lot of you may not know is that i suffer from pretty profound depression.
I have been working on getting this under control for some time now, and i have had to step away from some things in my life in order to get a handle on things that have been slipping from my grasp.
while i have been prescribed medication for some time, i have been doing my best to deal with my situation with a minimum of chemical help.
it continues to be a very difficult road, but one that i refuse to stop travelling.
it can be very difficult to get through each day, when you are in a work situation that is not ideal, you live very far away from family, you have recently lost close friends, etc.
I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone, both the old timers that know me well, and the newer members that may not know me at all.
I am just about up to spending time on forums again, and i will be creeping in here more frequently as i feel more comfortable with things.
i have no idea why i felt the need to share this, but fvck it.
here it is, and i guess you might be seeing me a little more around here again.

So What

Reaction score
Good luck man.

I deal with it too, although not as severe it would seem.

Keep working hard to get through each day.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I also suffer from it, unfortunately. Things have been much better lately and I hope things improve for yourself. I have also tried to deal with it without the use of drugs. I believe life changes will make much more of a difference than some pill. Remember, "nothing changes if nothing changes".

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I find keeping your routine as interesting as possible, and being as open to your emotional/creative outlets as much as you can helps. Obviously there are still ups and downs, but being honest and working with yourself can create some light that wasn't there before.

Glad to see you're still around, mob.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang in there Mob. Looking forward to seeing more of you around here. :thumb:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with it too, it's really hard. I'd seriously recommend this book, it helped me a lot (and professional help):

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Undoing-Depression-Therapy-Doesnt-Medication/dp/0425166791[/ame]

Lungo

Reaction score
I have no idea what it's like to struggle with depression but I feel for you man. Hang in there.

Byron999

Reaction score
Hey bud, keep on keeping on. I miss your involvement here and the lovely updates you provided now and again of your precious little angle, but I bet she must be big by now. :)

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There are probably more people than you realise dealing with depression and the pressure of life is a major contributor. It's a hard battle which in the end I controlled with exercise and meditation, but I took the drugs when I really needed them.

I mightn't have been here now if I hadn't!

Talking helps.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. You hang in there and try to find what works to help you ..

MooCheng

Reaction score
hang on in there Mob,
as you know depression is not a easy thing to live with, anyone who thinks its feeling " a bit fed up " has'nt got a clue, its much more serious than that
I hope your getting all the help you need
fight it all the way

foxtrot

Reaction score
Hope you're able to find what works for you mob. There are a number of us on here struggling with depression too and I'm sure most of us are willing to lend our ears or talk things out if you want.

Hang in there :wave:

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
Best of luck with that Mob. You can definitely pick up some good vibes from the folks here, don't be a stranger.

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that has worked for me is I take it day by day..
Pretty much every morning I run through all my problems and the things that I can do nothing about that day I put out of my mind.
It can get overwhelming sometimes so take care of what you can today and worry about the rest tomorrow..

Samantha

MLP Cub Reporter
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wish you all the best dude.
I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for most of my life that I can remember without any medication, I have some idea of how tough it can be.

Latest Threads