Live Led Zeppelin weekend

DRB

Reaction score
I spent the weekend watching Led Zeppelin concerts on YouTube with my 11 year old daughter. I think I've created a monster. She just started playing guitar and loves Jimmy Page. She can't wait to have her own Les Paul (just like his). She sings while I play Heartbreaker, Rock & Roll, Black Dog and Stairway. She has a pretty good voice too.

She HATES Justin Bieber and loves good rock & roll:dude:. That's my girl!

gem12

Reaction score
I spent the weekend watching Led Zeppelin concerts on YouTube with my 11 year old daughter. I think I've created a monster. She just started playing guitar and loves Jimmy Page. She can't wait to have her own Les Paul (just like his). She sings while I play Heartbreaker, Rock & Roll, Black Dog and Stairway. She has a pretty good voice too.

Good Job Grasshopper :thumb:

Farquad

Reaction score
I love it when parents take the time to educate children about music. Congrats on succeeding sir!

Shadowplayer

Reaction score

so, this is the polar opposite of my friends. damn. why cant all women be like that kid.

and monsters are good, unless they are slender man

slender_follows_by_hatevslovex-d5evek3.gif

oh shit I

Lebo

Reaction score
nice job, you are a cool dad

battra

Reaction score
My daughter screamed over Stairway from Celebration Day.

I told her she was out of the family, but she's only 2...

tcdrover

Reaction score
:thumb:

Maybe there's hope for this younger generation after all. :cool:

Tonemeister

Reaction score
That's awesome. It makes you feel like you did something right huh? One of the proudest moments I've had as a father was when my kids (4 and 6yrs old) yelled at me from their car seats to turn off "sports radio" and turn on "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden. :dude: John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmitt can suck it. My kids like the good stuff. I'll have to start rotating in some "Achille's Last Stand" since they apparently like the "dark side" Haha.

TheBarnet

Reaction score
I was 11 when my old man put Led Zeppelin II on the record player for me to hear. It completely changed my life. I got a Les Paul, taught myself how to play, started a band & grew my hair long.

And Plant's lyrics....it was a musical & sexual education in one go!

Dansak

Reaction score
When I was a little younger than your great kid, chaos ruled my home, the late 60's with brother and sister on drugs, radical a-holes, trouble everywhere. My sister died in the drug scene that was promoted by many musicians. The music was the soundtrack to my insane home life and I grew to hate Zeppelin, Who, and everyone else that this child related to the domestic mess.
As an adult I realized that the music was great. I was able to separate the music from my personal hell. I have a hard time listening to anything else! Picked up my Les Paul 25 years ago at an old music store in a rough part of town, been in love with my guitar and this music ever since.

adkima00

Reaction score
Isn't turning your kids on to YOUR music the coolest? My son (12) likes all music, but he's a zep fan, but he is a HUGE Rush fan. All I did was take him for a ride in the car and not let him fiddle with the radio or have ear buds in. He had to listen to what I had in the CD player (Moving Pictures) the whole ride to school. As he was getting out of the car at school, he asked me two questions. What was the CD that we were listening to, and can I burn him a copy. Very proud moment for dad....

Tangerine

Reaction score
It's so refreshing to see kids enjoying that kind of music instead of bubblegum pop crap!

Slappy2x

Reaction score
Great story! My son is "in training" as we speak.........I hope for the same results!

LP Bob

Reaction score
Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin's studio catalogue and live performances are the sacred scrolls of rock and roll. Rush is also great, but Zeppelin is the tops of all time. Everything is there...rock, blues, folk, prog, acoustic, eastern, celtic, arabian, slide, heavy rock, experimental..and each member are tops on their instrument in so many ways. Much can be learned from them on so many levels...from beginners to top professionals ALL still learn from these guys. Creative, freakishly amazing songwriting and such attitude and character to their playing.

politenessman

Reaction score
i got sole custody of my son when he was around 11. when he lived with his mom, and i would ask him what kind of music he liked, he would say "clown music". when he later lived with me i asked him what clown music was he said you know, paul simon, billy joel, those clowns. it was the only music he was allowed to listen to. so for his first real album i gave him "live at leeds" (somebody had done the same for me when i was his age). he listened to it full volume every morning before school for a year.

Latest Threads