Liu Bolin - The Real Life Invisible Man

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
"35-year-old Liu Bolin, from Shandong, China, manages to camouflage himself in any surroundings, no matter how difficult they might be.

Liu works on a single photo for up to 10 hours at a time, to make sure he gets it just right, but he achieves the right effect: sometimes passers-by don’t even realize he is there until he moves.

The talented Liu Bolin says his art is a protest against the actions of the Government, who shut down his art studio in 2005 and persecutes artists. It’s about not fitting into modern society. Despite problems with Chinese authorities, Liu’s works are appreciated at an international level."

See some more here: Liu Bolin - The Real Life Invisible Man | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
I don't know how he accounts for the changes in lighting while he's working... Amazing.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
I think its one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

jimmyq

Reaction score
You mean that dude standing next to the cannon, yeah?

Only kidding, some of those pictures are awesome, the guy is clearly very skilled and dedicated to his art.

Last edited by a moderator:

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Wow! Thats incredible! I have never seen anything like this ever before. That man definately has some talent because that would be one of the hardest things ever to do. I think the best one was the army soldiers.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
The lengths some people got to for fame.. Now why didn't I think of that?. :laugh2:

jimmyq

Reaction score
It's easy, I do it all the time....

Here's me, relaxing in my garden;

LongBeach

Reaction score
did anybody ever see that movie (years ago) where the stalker was doing the exact same thing? I dont remember the name of the movie. At the end, a cop figured out
what was going on, busted into this girls apt. and started shooting at a brick wall,
and the dude just fell out of it?

cool pics either way, thanks!

Jason

Reaction score
The lengths some people got to for fame.. Now why didn't I think of that?. :laugh2:
Thing is, though, that he's not just some attention whore after fame. He's seeking fame to get his message out.

The one with the police officer is incredible. :applause:

mrpesca

Reaction score
Now that folks, is interesting. Nice find.

Latest Threads