Little stuff that's really cool..

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My wife and I ordered (via online) a couple of Jersey Mikes' subs on Sunday. As always we put a large tip on the order bill. I ran in the store, picked up our order - bagged & ready to go - and drove home.

When we opned the bag to take out our food, we found a handwritten note that read (paraphrasing a bit):

Thank you for your generous tip. We really appreciate it. We know that you are probably struggling just like many of us working here are struggling. That's why it means so much to us. Thank you again.

So, we are going to go back again this weekend and buy them all lunch. I hope that makes their day a little better.

judson

Reaction score
I love finding tools in the road. Always a pick me up.
i know there was a thread about this maybe but i would love finding craftsman tools that were half destroyed...i would keep most but walking in to sears and walking out with a brand new for FWEEEEEEEE was always great...i guess thats no longer?

what made my day today was wining a used strat case online for $3.00 with $28 shipping , works for me but to have it arrive at my doorstep within 48 hours was great :dude:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I love finding tools in the road. Always a pick me up.
Funnily enough, a couple of years ago, I went to wash my car, and when I pulled into the stall, there was a full, semi-new electricians tool box sitting in the corner.

I thought for a split-second about leaving it there, then I was like "finders, keepers". So...

I kind of felt bad, bc I know whoever left it probably either got severely chewed out, or lost their job?

But, like I said...

socialhero

Reaction score
Grilling.

As a guy who has lived in New York City his entire adult life, and largely grew up there, a grill is a luxury I‘ve never had.

About a month ago, my wife and I relocated to southern Texas - she’s from here and her mom is sick, so we’re here to help out. Our new apartment complex here has grills free to use, and I’m in heaven. I love cooking for my wife, but being able to grill makes it even better.

This was the main course earlier this week: skirt steak, a t-bone, and the t-bone bone for the pup. Not pictured: giant asparagus and onions, also grilled. :thumb:

895CF46A-0261-4076-97B1-D24961BE3792.gif

drylandfish

Reaction score
I have a six year old daughter. Five days a week she runs down the driveway, behind my car, waving as I drive away. Today I told her it was too cold for her to be outside, so I gave her a hug and kiss and went on my way. As I turned onto the main road I looked at our house. There she was waving from the front window with a big smile on her face. Made my day.

sonar1

Reaction score

Latest Threads