Little girl grew taller now and making use of her Epi Snow Falcon Flying V

pangpang

Reaction score

Ok, it's been over year since we last posted here. My little girl is 11 now and sudden became taller, and has been making good use of her white burst Flying V. She normally plays surf rock but recently is crazy about heavy metal, J-rock and Neo Soul. Here comes a footage of a 300-second online music video competition over the summer that Mina joined when she was still 10 years old, and we were informed just now that we've WON a few awards!!! Yes, she will get some cash and finally can order a new guitar which old dad can't afford for an upcoming gig in November!!!

So, it was recorded live, in one go, and we only used one mic to do the unedited recording, as it was the competition requirement. Of course, she was using her neat white burst Flying V which has two Gibson's Burstbucker pickups that produce amazing classic PAF tone! You probably notice she used all neck pickup in all the songs in the video, quite rare for Mina as she mostly uses the bridge pickup, except for these songs. ;-)

She got this Flying V guitar when she was 7, and didn't really use it much until she started playing Sweet Child 'O Mine. Boy, you can tell the from the footage the neck pickup sound was warm, sweet and rich in the badass (sorry) solo which starts @1:21;

Then she was always playing Little Wing @0.01, not knowing that she would begin to fall in love with playing in neo soul guitar style shortly after shooting this footage;

Of course, she didn't really start pushing the Flying V to the limit by shredding until the two Avenged Sevenfolds solos:
Afterlife solo starts @3:11
Beast and the Harlot awesome solo @4:14.

Hope you will enjoy it!

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That time a 11 year girl plays better than you. incredible, she is talented and dedicated. Amazing. i am going to have to seriously re evaluate my technique.

endial

Reaction score
Awesome. Love the white Vee! Looks great on her and she wrangled it appropriately.

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up! :yesway::yesway:

Guitarhack

Reaction score
She was great. Its nice to see young kids excelling at playing musical instruments and enjoying it too.

pangpang

Reaction score
To be honest, I realized I did it all wrong as I didn't start young enough. In my opinion, kids learn (acquire skills) differently and play differently unlike adults. it's like learning a language. I didn't know this either until she keeps trying different things at her own pace and in her own ways. ;-) of course, she still has a lot to learn...hope she will continue. ;-) One thing I am happy though. She has the passion to jam with her old man so things are still okay. ;-)))

That time a 11 year girl plays better than you. incredible, she is talented and dedicated. Amazing. i am going to have to seriously re evaluate my technique.

BadMongo

Reaction score
Whew, time to pack it in and hang 'em up boys. Really awesome stuff.

Latest Threads