Line 6 PODs through the generations (and how IRs make a big difference)

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1. I like this guy's vids. Like to see his channel take of more, so here you go.
2. He goes through the evolution of Line 6 Pods, both in word and examples. It's interesting.
3. He shows the POD line's weakness, the built-in IRs, and inability to load outside ones, by turning themm off and recording with outside IRs in the DAW (end of vid). BIG difference imho.

Zungle

Reaction score
I just picked up a POD GO........used $225 on Offer Up.

And its gotta go.........

Not bonding with it at all.....

Led747

Reaction score

Can I ask what you are playing it through? As someone who at one point felt the same, I found that to get it to really work great you need the right sort of speaker/headphone/amp signal path.

Zungle

Reaction score
Run it thru my SoundCraft LX7 II

Event 20/20 BA

Multiple outboard pre's.

Lots of recording experience.....decades actually.

Its up for sale now.....not liking it....not hating it.....just not liking it at all.

I get better/ more useable sounds out of my Vox Stomp IG and my old ass V-Amp Pro.

No where near the options but I don't need the options.....just need a few good tones.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Run it thru my SoundCraft LX7 II

Event 20/20 BA

Multiple outboard pre's.

Lots of recording experience.....decades actually.

Its up for sale now.....not liking it....not hating it.....just not liking it at all.

I get better/ more useable sounds out of my Vox Stomp IG and my old ass V-Amp Pro.

No where near the options but I don't need the options.....just need a few good tones.

Did you tweak the presets at all? COMMON consensus is that the stock presets on all PODs, but the Pod Go as well, are from Meh to duds. That was also a 'downfall' of PODs.

And, imho, even with the POD Go, one needs to turn off the stock CAB IRs and use 3rd party.

Zungle

Reaction score
Did you tweak the presets at all? COMMON consensus is that the stock presets on all PODs, but the Pod Go as well, are from Meh to duds. That was also a 'downfall' of PODs.

And, imho, even with the POD Go, one needs to turn off the stock CAB IRs and use 3rd party.
Guys ... come on now.

I've been tweakin gear and using digital for decades...

I dug into it deep....

Its not that great of a unit....has digital sheen all over it.....

Not saying it sucks ....but it isnt awesome either.....

Definitely nothing I would keep around.

Latest Threads