Line 6 Pod Go

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Yeah looks pretty cool, and at a great price point for those who aren't getting into modeling because of price.
And, has same amp models and effects as the Helix.
At $449.99, it's kinda a no brainer for someone looking to take the plunge head first.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Yeah looks pretty cool, and at a great price point for those who aren't getting into modeling because of price.
And, has same amp models and effects as the Helix.
At $449.99, it's kinda a no brainer for someone looking to take the plunge head first.
That's cheaper then the HD500X.

Wait.
Actually I just fact checked and $449.99 is the discounted price Sweetwater is selling the HD500X for now.

I wonder if the HD are going to go discontinued ?

matthew bear

Reaction score
We seem to be getting to the point where modeling is getting high quality at the ground level, price wise...

Fantastic news for everyone except AXE owners :laugh2:

And it's awesome to see that there's something for everyone now, with all different kinds of hardware to suit someones needs :hmm:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
That's cheaper then the HD500X.

Wait.
Actually I just fact checked and $449.99 is the discounted price Sweetwater is selling the HD500X for now.

I wonder if the HD are going to go discontinued ?
A used HD500 has been lingering for months on kijiji Toronto for $250.

matthew bear

Reaction score
I disagree, While I still feel personally that the fractal code is unbeatable. Everyone else catching up will only drive the market forward. it will keep all of these companies fighting for top spot, and competition drives innovation.
For sure, I was just being sassy :D
All of this competition is only a good thing, and everyone (including fractal) will be in a position where price points and streamlined feature sets will be where it's at. these compact units coming out as of late have me all exited for the future.

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't aimed at the AxeFX users. Fractal still kicks major ass, and will for the foreseeable future.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I need to check this out more. What makes it a lesser beast than the Helix? What does 'less editing features' mean?

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I need to check this out more. What makes it a lesser beast than the Helix? What does 'less editing features' mean?
Why is POD Go $200 cheaper than HX Stomp?
Here's what HX Stomp has that POD Go doesn't: A more powerful DSP (450MHz vs. 400MHz), dedicated MCU, MIDI In/Out/Thru, stereo ins, parallel paths, A/B and crossover splits, multiple amp blocks, multiple IR blocks, multiple cab blocks, dual cab blocks, 2048-point IR loading (POD Go truncates IRs to 1024 points), two separate mono effects loops, separate L/R return jacks/Aux In, 8 channels of USB vs. POD Go's 4, Distortion > Clawthorn drive, Distortion > Tone Sovereign, Delay > Cosmos Echo, all stereo distortion/pitch/synth/dynamic blocks, all mono EQ/mod/delay/reverb/filter blocks, fully dynamic DSP allocation, 8 seconds of delay (vs. POD Go's 4 seconds), 60 seconds of looping (vs. POD Go's... 24 seconds? I forget), two variable impedance circuits (POD Go is fixed at 1M Ohm), patented 123dB dynamic range inputs (IIRC, POD Go is ~112-113dB), cap-sense switches, momentary stomp functionality (press-hold shortcuts preclude this), Clear Block, Clear All Blocks, preset compatibility with Helix Floor/Rack/LT/Native, a $300 discount on said Helix Native, metal knobs, an ultra compact cast aluminum enclosure that fits on any pedalboard (vs. POD Go's sheet metal and polycarbonate chassis), and any future features that apply only to Helix/HX boxes—for example, POD Go may not have enough DSP to accommodate polyphonic pitch models.

A lot of the above stuff is what makes a product "HX" or "Helix." Although it has nearly all the same amps and effects, POD Go is a different line for a different customer.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Here is some useful information on the GO from the FAQ

If it has nearly all models from HX and Helix products, why call this a POD at all?
The original POD set the standard for ease-of-use in digital guitar and bass products. We wanted POD Go to be ridiculously easy-to-use, which meant purposefully omitting some power user features one would expect to find in HX or Helix-branded products. And not putting the best modeling possible in a box just because it happens to be less expensive—or have a different name—is weak sauce.

The one thing this is missing is a Line6 or a Variax port. Makes no sense.
A Viriax guitar is on my wishList so this is kind of a deal breaker for me.
I may still end up getting a used 500X. Especially if the price goes down on those bad boys.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Here is some useful information on the GO from the FAQ

If it has nearly all models from HX and Helix products, why call this a POD at all?
The original POD set the standard for ease-of-use in digital guitar and bass products. We wanted POD Go to be ridiculously easy-to-use, which meant purposefully omitting some power user features one would expect to find in HX or Helix-branded products. And not putting the best modeling possible in a box just because it happens to be less expensive—or have a different name—is weak sauce.

The one thing this is missing is a Line6 or a Variax port. Makes no sense.
A Viriax guitar is on my wishList so this is kind of a deal breaker for me.
I may still end up getting a used 500X. Especially if the price goes down on those bad boys.
I’ve seen a couple used 500X selling for $300.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple used 500X selling for $300.
They haven't been showing up that cheap on the West Coast . . . yet.
If I see a clean one with a case for $300-$350 I'll probably get it.

With the POD GO price mark, I can see more 500X's coming on the market and going for cheaper in the near future.

What I don't see used locally are any Variax guitars.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
They haven't been showing up that cheap on the West Coast . . . yet.
If I see a clean one with a case for $300-$350 I'll probably get it.

With the POD GO price mark, I can see more 500X's coming on the market and going for cheaper in the near future.

What I don't see used locally are any Variax guitars.
So, tell me what you know about the HD500X. This one looks good, but I don't need it.

Latest Threads