Line 6 Pod Go - Hit or Miss

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The price point on these is pretty good, but I think it falls short by a long shot for what they are trying to do. A nice entry level Helix so to speak, giving you 9 spots for your pedal board. But 5 are taken by 2 spots for Exp Pedals, 1 for amp & 1 for the speaker cabinet, and then 1 for EQ. That really only leaves you a spot for 4 pedals in the chain of 9. I like to use Chorus, Flange/or Phaser, Noise Gate, Comp and Reverb, and what about Distortion or a Boost. Looks like it is back to using the HX Effects for me, I was really looking forward to using the POD Go for some Amp/Cab Models as well as all my effects. It would work fine if you could X out the two Exp pedals as well as X out the EQ if your not using it to add 3 more options. The amp as well as different pedals have EQ's in them for the most part, plus the amp your plugging into, so not much need for EQ if you need the spot for an effect. But... you can't because those 5 spots are hard taken by the unit even if you're not using them.

What are your thoughts on this new product put out by Line 6.

For me, it's a Miss after messing around with it for a day, I took it back the day I got it. I will go right back to my HX Effects, where I can choose all 9 of my effects, if I need that many.

Zungle

Reaction score
The price point on these is pretty good, but I think it falls short by a long shot for what they are trying to do. A nice entry level Helix so to speak, giving you 9 spots for your pedal board. But 5 are taken by 2 spots for Exp Pedals, 1 for amp & 1 for the speaker cabinet, and then 1 for EQ. That really only leaves you a spot for 4 pedals in the chain of 9. I like to use Chorus, Flange/or Phaser, Noise Gate, Comp and Reverb, and what about Distortion or a Boost. Looks like it is back to using the HX Effects for me, I was really looking forward to using the POD Go for some Amp/Cab Models as well as all my effects. It would work fine if you could X out the two Exp pedals as well as X out the EQ if your not using it to add 3 more options. The amp as well as different pedals have EQ's in them for the most part, plus the amp your plugging into, so not much need for EQ if you need the spot for an effect. But... you can't because those 5 spots are hard taken by the unit even if you're not using them.

What are your thoughts on this new product put out by Line 6.

For me, it's a Miss after messing around with it for a day, I took it back the day I got it. I will go right back to my HX Effects, where I can choose all 9 of my effects, if I need that many.
I bought one and got rid of it almost immediately......

I was intrigued by the price point for a good amp modeler.......supposedly same core engine as Helix ?

The layout was fine, the onboard editing was more than enough....

The amp models were kinda terrible...(yes I have a shitload of experience with modelers and recording)....if they weren't terrible, they were definitely nothing I was gonna use.

The FX weren't much better.....there was common sheen on most of them.....I just didn't like them.....any of them.

On a whole I wasn't feeling it...

So I re-sold it on OfferUP

jlee

Reaction score
The lack of flexibility with the signal chain would drive me nuts. I love my Stomp, especially with the 2 extra blocks with firmware 3.0. The added flexibility is worth the extra $120 for the Stomp.

Latest Threads