Line 6 HX Update 3.1

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Everything Helix just got an update.... they added a Orange Rockerverb, a great hall reverb, a new spring reverb and even tape saturation.

Most notably, they increased oversampling, whatever that is, but everything as a whole sounds more defined and crisper, especially sounds with higher amounts of gain. A damn fine update.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Weird that I didn't see this on TGP. Thanks for the news. Just updated mine. The reverbs were what I was hoping they would add the last few updates. Glad they are finally here. Perfect timing. Have the house to myself this weekend.

I have been trying to figure out how to build a cabinet with full range drivers. I don't see many people doing this but I would think you could build a cool stereo cab and just use a relatively cheap Class D stereo amp to plug the HX stomp into.

drew365

Reaction score
I didn't plan on doing the upgrade right away, because I have a recording session on Saturday and all of my tones are set. But last night I updated. Quick and painless as usual. I didn't have time to play with any of the new toys, but it's nice to know they're there for when I need something different.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
An exciting update for sure.

I heard some youtube clips of the Rockerverb model, it can sound pretty good.

I experimented with the new hall reverb last night, it is now my reverb of choice for ambient playing.

Was most excited for the Retro Reel tape effect. With home studio recording and mixing, more often than not I will add a Tape saturation plugin to guitar tracks. It ads a nice "3d quality" to digital tracks. I've been wanting an effect like that in Helix for live playing. To the point I was considering buying a JHS Color box saturation pedal to my chain.

Last edited:

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Always like when the vendors keep upgrading their products.

drew365

Reaction score
I'm wondering, should I bother loading 3.11 on to my floor unit? From what I can gather, all of the fixes seem to effect the Stomp.

dspelman

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to build a cabinet with full range drivers. I don't see many people doing this but I would think you could build a cool stereo cab and just use a relatively cheap Class D stereo amp to plug the HX stomp into.
Try speakerhardware dot com for fearlful plans, parts and kits. fEARlful cabinets were originally designed for DIY folks who were looking for a superior bass cabinet, but cabinets like the 15/6/1 and 12/6/1 (and even the 10/6/1) are full range and outstanding for guitar, keys and bass.

If you're looking for something smaller (and already powered), check out the SCX12a: https://carvinaudio.com/collections/speakers/products/scx12a-1000w-active-12-inch-main-monitor-with-dsp

Latest Threads