Likelihood of 7lb 9oz 335 being neck heavy?

HermioneGrandeur

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 2018 Memphis Antique Red ES-335, 7.5 lbs... really hope it doesn't neck dive, but I guess I can switch the Grovers to Klusons it it does. (Lightweight guitars that have good balance are sort of my thing, 7.5 lbs was one the lighest ES-335's i saw. I sold a 2013 Dot ES-335 because the truss rod sort of maxed out and the high E string would slip off the fret real easy, the string spacing wasn't that great. Hopefully this more carefully selected 2018 model will get me back on the 3x5 train. Reason I fear neckdive is once I bought a midtown custom that was super heavy and also neck heavy as well.

Although the Epi Sheratons/Epi 335's I've tried it at GC tend to have ahem "ass-dive" if that is a thing :O

Last edited:

Burny FLG

Reaction score
IMG_0418.JPG

Played a doz before this one, most had some neck dive. Mine has some more noticeable when first purchased. Now meh.

HermioneGrandeur

Reaction score
Interesting... most people say ES-335's don't really have neck dive, how heavy is your current one? I notice you have klusons on yours... im planning to swap the grovers on mine if there is neck dive with klusons, apparently 5 oz at the end of the headstock can make quite the differnece

AlanBiker

Reaction score
My 335 Dot has no neck dive and it has locking Grovers on it, I'm considering a Bigsby which would probably ensure it can't neck dive.

Alan

Burny FLG

Reaction score
Interesting... most people say ES-335's don't really have neck dive, how heavy is your current one? I notice you have klusons on yours... im planning to swap the grovers on mine if there is neck dive with klusons, apparently 5 oz at the end of the headstock can make quite the differnece
Sorry can't tell the weight . All the ones I played weighed similar to this one. All much lighter than my old 83 LPC. Neck dive was apparent in a poly shirt jumpin up and down though.

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine weighs 7 lbs. 10 oz. and isn't neck heavy at all.

Biebers_Monkey

Reaction score
Relocate strap buttons. They get put where they are "Pretty", not functional.

modavis99

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I bet it's fine I have one a few ounces heavier that's perfect

Have FUN

Reaction score
May be with heavy locking tuners ...