Like new Ibanez AS153.....335 Killer...NO reasonable cash offer refused. MUST GO.

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Reluctantly listing this. Family financial issues need to be addressed.
This is a fantastic guitar.
Only reason this is the first is it is the last one in, so first one out.
Also it can be replaced eventually. The Les Pauls I have can not.
This is one very small step down from the Scofield and Prestige models.
All original except strings.
Great pickups.
A feature I REALLY like is that it plugs in on the side like a Les Paul and not on the top.
Jazz, blues, even classic rock.
Tri sound switch does single coil. series and parallel for the neck pickup.
Comes with Ibanez OHSC.
I ordered it in January so it is like new.
It lists for almost $1400.
$1000 new at MF, Sweetwater/etc.
Just had a pro setup 3 weeks ago.

Sacrifice...$800 shipped and paypaled CONUS only.
*****$750 shipped/paypaled CONUS*****

If my situation changes I may pull this at any time.

<iframe width="1189" height="669" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
From Ibanez:
A Genre-Treading Semi-Hollowbody from Ibanez
The Ibanez AS153 Artstar semi-hollowbody electric guitar is not a guitar to be boxed into one category. A warm, colorful, and versatile sound can be attained with this baby's pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers, and this artful axe's reverberating maple top, back, and sides will envelop you and your listeners. The smooth-edged bound ebony fingerboard spans 22 medium frets on a resounding three-piece mahogany/maple set-in neck. You really can't go wrong with this beauty -- an axe that plays as remarkably as it sounds.

Versatile Sounds from Bright to Dark
While smooth and elegant enough for jazz, the AS153 Artstar's tone, when pushed, breaks up nicely. If you want a dark, slightly distorted bluesy tone, or if you want a brighter rock sound that cuts through sharply, your choices are just a few knob turns and switches away. Your tone controls include dual tone and dual volume knobs for each humbucker, and your pickup selector blade gives you three pickup combination settings. The Tri-Sound neck pickup switch gives you even more tonal options to play around with. This Artstar's wider range of tone leaves more room for sonic expression.

Choice Tonewoods: Maple Body and Mahogany/Maple Neck
You'll consistently get a rich, warm sound as your playing resonates through this axe's maple top, back, and sides. You can hear your notes sustain well even when you're not plugged in, so practicing silently is still a treat. Your three-piece mahogany/maple neck transfers your playing over to the body thanks to its set-in construction, and this neck not only sounds nice and warm, it feels comfortable to the touch. A bound ebony fingerboard of 22 medium frets expresses your chord changes with ease, sustain, and solid intonation.

Super 58 Custom Humbuckers: All Tone -- No Hum
Your pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers deliver on their promise of bucking the hum. Early semi-hollowbody guitars sometimes carried the dreaded unwanted low-end hum. These humbuckers keep your tone clean, clear, well-defined, and free of unwanted noise. They also give you a sound that's unique and versatile at the same time. Plug these babies in and see all the punch your AS153 Artstar can pack.

Features:
- Maple back, top, and sides
- Three-piece mahogany/maple set-in neck
- Bone nut for added sustain and resonance
- Pair of Super 58 Custom humbuckers
- Two tone and two volume knobs
- Three-setting pickup selector blade
- Tri-Sound neck pickup switch
- Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 medium frets
- Art-1 bridge and Quick Change III tailpiece
- Hardshell case included

Last edited:

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
<iframe width="964" height="723" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Ttt
Several people asking questions and considering. First one to pull the trigger wins.

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Someone asked about the weight.
7.5 lbs and I noticed the plastic is still on the pickup covers. LOL

Last edited:

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's a killer price and a sweet looking guitar! Glwts Bob!

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Man.. you were just doting over this one too. Pretty guitar, but hard times can hit any of us at anytime I suppose.. hoping you can keep it, I know how much it sucks to reluctantly have to sell guitars.. glw(situation)

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Man.. you were just doting over this one too. Pretty guitar, but hard times can hit any of us at anytime I suppose.. hoping you can keep it, I know how much it sucks to reluctantly have to sell guitars.. glw(situation)
The financial reason I was selling has been addressed.
I still have it up for sale/trade simply because it is a stunning guitar, but I am rough on guitars and it sits in the cas while I abuse my Les Pauls.
I also have a Les Paul project I am in the middle of that needs funding.
I have a tentative trade with a member if we both still have or respective guitars the first week of June, but until then I will listen to offers.

gnappi

Reaction score
FWIW, I have two 153's (complicated series of events made the second one possible) as well as several (well actually more than several) Gibson 33x models and the 153 takes a back seat to no other git in playability, and build quality.

For anyone so inclined they make a prefect palette to "mod" onto, though mine remain box stock as they have been for years.

OP, sorry to hear of your difficulties, and GLWTS