Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page

techalan

Reaction score
Definitely going on my list of stuff to read! Thanks for the heads up!

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the limited edition, coffee table sized book, bound in sheepskin from a slaughtered virgin sheep... personally sacrificed to the 'Old Ones' by Jimmy himself, autographed in blood by Jimmy. With authenticating paperwork detailing the rituals and runes used.

lunchmeat

Reaction score
Cool, I just checked my local library online and they have it on order. I'm #1 on the list for holds now.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I need to flip through it first... If its just a reprint of all the interviews he's done with Guitar World over the years, I'll pass.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
For the last 20 years I've made it a point to buy any and all zep/page related books that came out, but in the last few years there have been so many that I had to give it up, partly because I could no longer afford it, and partly cause its all the same old shit I've already read rehashed. That said, I may still pick this one up, even if its a bunch of old magazine interviews thrown together it'll be nice to have em all together in one book.

btolinski

Reaction score
Hey, Brad Tolinski, author of Light & Shade. I'm pleased to say there is quite a bit of new material in Light & Shade. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff from my Guitar World interviews, but I'd say about 50% is new, especially regarding his childhood, the session days and The Yardbirds. There are a few other cool things, including a good interview with Paul Rodgers.

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup - it's on my preorder list now. Thanks for the clarification, Brad. The innernet is a wunnerful thang.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so Guitar World does come here?

:hmm:

why am I not on the cover? :laugh2:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey, Brad Tolinski, author of Light & Shade. I'm pleased to say there is quite a bit of new material in Light & Shade. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff from my Guitar World interviews, but I'd say about 50% is new, especially regarding his childhood, the session days and The Yardbirds. There are a few other cool things, including a good interview with Paul Rodgers.
Good to hear it, and welcome to the forum!

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the limited edition, coffee table sized book, bound in sheepskin from a slaughtered virgin sheep... personally sacrificed to the 'Old Ones' by Jimmy himself, autographed in blood by Jimmy. With authenticating paperwork detailing the rituals and runes used.
Don't forget the forward by Alestier Crowley.......

Latest Threads