Life with a toddler.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Me, my girlfriend and her little boy have been moved in together for about a week now. I've never had children of my own so this is a total new world to me. My girlfriend says I'm doing a great job as a father figure. Her little boy is 2 years and 5 months old. I'm amazed at how smart he is and how quickly he learns new things. He watches me and mimics what I do and say. I have so much fun with him. Today my girlfriend slept in (she needed the extra rest bad) so it was me and him together alone for about 3 hours or so. That little rascal goes full speed nonstop lol. Gosh I wish I had his energy! We played with toy cars, balls and read books this morning. He is very fond of me and I love him to pieces. He calls me Ry. I've been a big part of his life for a while now but it's real that we are all living together. I want to be the very best father figure I possibly can. He is so impressionable. My girlfriend and I make an awesome parenting team. This has been a dream come true for me as I've always wanted a family. He keeps me on my toes. For the first time in my life I have something bigger and more important than my own needs. Her and him are something amazing and special.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I miss that phase, now that my (3) kids are in their teens and early 20's. My wife, not so much. We each had the reverse opinion when they were young.

Enjoy it while you can, as it goes all too quickly, and do the best you can. :applause:

Nard

Reaction score
I missed so much of my kids early years due to work. When people ask if there is anything in life you’d change that would be it. To go go back and enjoy the days like you’ve just had.

PeteK

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old and a newborn at home. It's pretty great a lot of the time. But gad dang can a toddler be exhausting! My daughter can be a little hellion sometimes. She can destroy the living room in like 30 seconds flat.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
My wife was a stay at home mom and so she did day care Being as she had kids all week I normally would pretty much watch my daughter on the weekends to give her a break.
Man my daughter would go from room to room leaving destruction behind her.I used to pray for nap time so I would get a break.

I so miss those days..

PeteK

Reaction score
My wife was a stay at home mom and so she did day care Being as she had kids all week I normally would pretty much watch my daughter on the weekends to give her a break.
Man my daughter would go from room to room leaving destruction behind her.I used to pray for nap time so I would get a break.

I so miss those days..
I'm in those days. It's insanity.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
It literally seems like yesterday when we brought our oldest home from the hospital. Right in the middle of my first diaper change at home, he covered my hand with some 'Country Dijon..." Now he's halfway through his junior year in college. At Thanksgiving all the 'kids' (now college age) were tossing them back with the old folks.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing.

Don't ever let someone say you're too old to do something with a small child.

No matter what it is.

Those are memories that last forever.
We all played in the floor all evening. We let him open a new toy every night to make the adjustment of moving more fun for him.