Levy Straps

moff40

Reaction score
I'll be 51 on Monday, been playing since I was 7. I've pretty much always used the cheap, 2" wide woven nylon (like a seat belt) straps on all my guitars, even my 6 million pound Norlins, with no ill-effects (yet).

RichardH

Reaction score
I'll be 51 on Monday, been playing since I was 7. I've pretty much always used the cheap, 2" wide woven nylon (like a seat belt) straps on all my guitars, even my 6 million pound Norlins, with no ill-effects (yet).
'Cause he's a jolly good fella ........
Happy birthday in advance!

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Try looking through their bass straps. Something like the M4. 3 1/2" wide with pad. Makes all the difference with a heavy LP.

First night I gigged with a 9.8 lb. R7 using the same strap I use for my Strat and Epi LP, my shoulder was hurting by the end of the first set.
Next gig I played 4 hours with a 3 1/2" Levy padded strap and not the slightest bit of discomfort the entire night.

99light

Reaction score
You must be a badder man then i, cause i hated my 2inch nylon strap minutes after i started wearing it on my LP lol

King Loudness

Reaction score
I've got an MSS2 that I bought when I got my first Paul... and let me tell you, it was a wise investment...

tnvnl

Reaction score
I bought a half a cow hide, full grain very thick leather, and made my own.
It's a full 4" wide, and I embossed the Gibson logo into it with a drift, then used a white paint marker to fill in the embossing.
I play normal 4 hour gigs and never get the "burn" on my shoulder.

Caribou

Reaction score
Have a 2.5 inch wide Levy's strap for my brown studio, have an identical one in white coming for my white studio. It's all about symmetry! Ha. But they are amazing straps, very comfortable but not very portable as previously mentioned in this thread. My strap will not fit in my LP's case; I carry it separately in a bag with some cords when I go to band practice. Annoying but worth it in terms of comfort and looks. Plus Levy's started in Nova Scotia so I'm down with that.

Here's my strap with the WB LP, note the Schaller strap locks:

The pic above shows my grandfather's tie tack on the back of my strap, he was the only other musically-inclined person in my family (sang & played trombone for years and years in a local brass band). He died in 2006 but I like to keep his tie tack on there, makes me feel like he's "got my back" musically, so to speak. Just a little tribute to him.

moff40

Reaction score
'Cause he's a jolly good fella ........
Happy birthday in advance!
Thank you. I wasn't really trolling for birthday wishes, I just wanted to indicate that I'm an old fart and can still wear the old LP on a thin-ish strap.

You must be a badder man then i, cause i hated my 2inch nylon strap minutes after i started wearing it on my LP lol
No, I don't think so. Set in my ways, and perhaps a little careless, yes, but "bad"? No. :)

99light

Reaction score
Very nice Caribou, that looks like the mss1, and it matches your LP perfectly. I think thats all i needed, think ill just go pick a color and place an order !

Caribou

Reaction score
Very nice Caribou, that looks like the mss1, and it matches your LP perfectly. I think thats all i needed, think ill just go pick a color and place an order !
Yup I believe it is an MSS1. I looked at the strap I ordered off of ebay and it's an MSS2, looks almost identical to the brown one only it's white (for my white LP). White on white vs. brown on black. I would have preferred white on black to perfectly match my white studio's white & black colour scheme, but couldn't find one like that. So white on white will do.

They're expensive but very very nice & comfortable straps. Enjoy yours! What colour will you get?

Custom53

Reaction score
I love my Vox Python (John Lennon Fan)...

But I would love to own this "Mad Max" strap...

99light

Reaction score
Yup I believe it is an MSS1. I looked at the strap I ordered off of ebay and it's an MSS2, looks almost identical to the brown one only it's white (for my white LP). White on white vs. brown on black. I would have preferred white on black to perfectly match my white studio's white & black colour scheme, but couldn't find one like that. So white on white will do.

They're expensive but very very nice & comfortable straps. Enjoy yours! What colour will you get?
Im not sure yet, kinda deciding if i want to get a general color to use on all my guitars or one more matched to the LP

For some reason the Natural on Black in the PM31 windowed style is really catching my eye.

WoodyTone

Reaction score
Great info on here guys, thanks. I only feel it when I take the LP off, but would rather not feel it...

RedDrZ18

Reaction score
A good buddy of mine has used Levy's all of his life. He has never had any problems.

I'm more of a Dunlop strap guy :hmm:

99light

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the PM31 in natural/black in XL. Its gonna be like a 2 week wait because they dont keep them in stock in xl. But the price was the lowest i had found.

Latest Threads