Let's Talk Mini Amps

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see lots of cheapo SS amps at the Hock Shop. New for only $30 and up!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see your points, but all the things it has make it complicated.
Agreed... OTOH, the tablet interface is the saving grace for me.
I rarely use my Pocket POD because: 1 - It sounds like shit through headphones and 2 - I'm too old to figure out how to program the thing from the provided controls.
The PC interface is good, but I don't have a PC in my bedroom.
Once I get the junk in the back bedroom cleaned out and renovated, I'll have a nice place to practice and work. At that point, I'll have a PC upstairs.

But keeping in mind that the Spark is just a practice amp and I won't be gigging it, AND I always have a phone on my hip, I don't have a big problem with that aspect.
I can just leave the amp across the room and operate it from where I'm playing.

Homebrw

Reaction score
Nevermind the THR10X battery question, I finally found that it does. But a bit more research says the THR10II can do everything the X can (except forest green). Does anyone know if the THR10II can run on DC? I can't find anything that says it can, so I'm guessing no. A $150 jump to the wireless with rechargeable battery is too much. If the THR10II can run on batteries, I'm going that direction. Otherwise I'd go with the slightly more limited THR10x.

Thanks,
Chris

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Nevermind the THR10X battery question, I finally found that it does. But a bit more research says the THR10II can do everything the X can (except forest green). Does anyone know if the THR10II can run on DC? I can't find anything that says it can, so I'm guessing no. A $150 jump to the wireless with rechargeable battery is too much. If the THR10II can run on batteries, I'm going that direction. Otherwise I'd go with the slightly more limited THR10x.

Thanks,
Chris
Well since it charges by plugging into the wall, you can use it that way.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I've been hearing there are some issues with being able to get these shipped.
From some very brief research, I don't think they were anticipating such high demand. They've already sold $4.3 million worth of amps per the preorder page. I'm okay waiting.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
From some very brief research, I don't think they were anticipating such high demand. They've already sold $4.3 million worth of amps per the preorder page. I'm okay waiting.
Ditto.
It's not uncommon with a new product launch, and the way this was launched through crowdfunding pretty much ensured a far greater order backlog than they would normally have had they just shipped 5 to every Guitar Center.
There are enough out in the hands of YT reviewers that it is obvious this is not "vaporware"... it is a real, functional system.

But the early bird specials were way underpriced... Being 40w with the features it has, for $20 less than a Champion-40 and $50 less than an MG30GFX.....
Even what looks like will be the normal released price looks like it'll be well under the Code 50.