Let's Talk Mini Amps

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I love my Fly a lot because i only use it to rehearse with .. I can use my earrbuds with it so that it don’t disturb the misses ,,I use its big brother , the HT40 live all the time .. love that one too ..
I used to own the ht40. Great amp that you could actually turn way down and still get nice tone.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I don’t own either but I’ve had my eye on both suggestions I made. Especially the Spark. It’s available for pre-order only for now. I’m going to wait until I see more reviews from “regular” players before getting one.
Sorry bout that. I think I directed the question to the wrong person. :D

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
A bit on the pricey side: Carr Raleigh. Sweet cleans and amazing overdrive with amazing master volume. 3 EL84 watts. A little dark on the tone, but in overdrive, it is creamy

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Id like to hear one in person, but this thing intrigues me

Yep. Has been mentioned. I had the huge Line 6 Flextone III xl. It was set up so you could plug into a computer and update things. But I'm really after simplicity...ie whatever is included. Do there's that.

Fret Hopper

Reaction score
Blackstar HT1R. has headphone jack, line out, and sounds really good through a 112 extension cab. Also a line in for MP3 etc.

I have one, and have seen them as low as $150 used.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I keep bouncing between that, the Princeton, and the 5E3... but the 5E3 is way too loud for my condo.
Ultimately, the Studio-One would be the *smarter* option for my needs... but it's not tweed :D
I had the 5E3 in its original, Fender issued form and it was a fun amp to play with. I picked it up for less than $500. So I'm unlikely to pay more for a copy. At this age and stage, I'd rather delete the factory speaker and use my own speakers. I don't care what it looks like, so, I'm fine with the bare chassis sitting on top of the speaker. So, I might get myself squared away for the circuits at under $300.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Budda 18 Super Drive is my ATF. However, I don't consider 18W to be "Mini."
Agreed... Not without an attenuator.

Boss Katana-Air is a nice step up from the Fly-3 and a more versatile while still having the option to run from batteries.
20-30 watt... but headphone out to tame it.
Hell... for that matter... the Katana Mk-II 100w head has a 5" speaker for practice, but is still a fully functional head.

IF.....

If the Katana is your style. Lot of fanbois, and a lot of people don't like it.