Let's Talk Mini Amps

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I'm looking for something different than the Blackstar Fly amp that really has served me well. Love tube amps, but I just need portability. Sound quality is a must.

Was thinking of grabbing a Yamaha THR, but not sure yet.

What are you guys using. Any favorites? Heck, even considering a Blackstar HT5R again.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Malikon

I'm gonna let you down And leave you flat
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
little 10" (8"?) Fender mustangs are fun, and cheap.

I just bought a second one after my first one died. To be fair I used it almost every day since the very first day they came out (I bought it on day one),... I got my $99. out of it.

Good little amps for practice and light jamming.

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the THR10C, that I bought specifically to have as a Practice amp / small amp to take on the road with me in our RV (limited storage space).

It's a great amp. Not a great little amp. A great amp, period. I have others and mostly prefer tubes. But for simple practice, the THR can get some great tones, and the effects are really good (for being thru 4 inch speakers).

Don't expect more of it than it was designed to provide, and you will be extremely happy with that choice.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
1970 Fender Champ would be my choice...........................
I have my Vibro Champ still, but doesn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong...great amp, just not versatile enough unless I throw a pedal at it. For me it's just about simplicity right now.

Latest Threads