Lets see your Studios

BKS

Reaction score
Screenshot_20190919-201852_compress53.jpg

If weather stays okay i could try a better day light picture outdoors. Is shows the grain really well.

MSB

Reaction score
Red and Gold FTW!! :dude:

Especially those liquid trans colors like Wine Red and a good Candy Apple.:drool:

Yours looks trans to me unless its the light.

A thought........:hmm:

First things is new gold hardware to shine it up..:thumb:

Then a gold switch tip, gold strap locks, and gold speed knobs or reflectors to complete the balance with the black.

Seems too black heavy ATM with one exposed pickup, black knobs, tip, and locks...

My 2 cents FWIW..
:laugh2:

you're going to give Chris a run for his money

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has that bridge been on the guitar the other way around ?
I see the gold has worn off of the treble side. On mine, it has worn off on the bass side.
Lovely fiddle by the way !
The screws are facing the pickups, decorum says the Nashville screws should face the TP.

But its not set in stone...

Good eye, I've been looking at that slotted switch ring too....

Just curious is all.....

Looks like it gets a lot of play time! Good for you!

RayTorvalds

Reaction score
Good eye, I've been looking at that slotted switch ring too....

Just curious is all.....
Oh yeah, you have a good eye too. I didn't even notice that slotted switch ring yet.
Also, considering we're not cats, it's not as dangerous to be curious ;)

BKS

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you have a good eye too. I didn't even notice that slotted switch ring yet.
Also, considering we're not cats, it's not as dangerous to be curious ;)
So what is up with the toggle switch? I noticed the slots but did not really think any of it. Only that it feels to me it might need replacing sometime in the near future.
It is a real player and the bridge has wear on bas side too, but less... Actually the saddles are all over the place accept the right one looking closer at it. So i might take it apart as it has enough old dna to clone all previous players..... :laugh2:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
i think you're a third pickup away from being asked into the carpool.
That's funny!

Because if I had the money, I'd like to buy that 3 pickup Custom in the member classifieds!

Not because I need more toanez, I have that covered, but just as a show piece, for the sheer awesome visual impact..:wow::jam:

Of course deep reds and golds are a factor too......but you knew that! :laugh2:

Reactions: Who

MSB

Reaction score
That's funny!

Because if I had the money, I'd like to buy that 3 pickup Custom in the member classifieds!

Not because I need more toanez, I have that covered, but just as a show piece, for the sheer awesome visual impact..:wow::jam:

Of course deep reds and golds are a factor too......but you knew that! :laugh2:
you must be sick with a fever, saying you need something else for "visual impact" with that CAR sitting in the corner. If its not floating your boat anymore, I'll gladly babysit it for awhile until you come to your senses.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
you must be sick with a fever, saying you need something else for "visual impact" with that CAR sitting in the corner. If its not floating your boat anymore, I'll gladly babysit it for awhile until you come to your senses.
:wow:

scozz

Reaction score
I saw a Yandex robot reading this thread and I wondered if I had missed something.....

So I figured while I was in here among the cobwebs, I would make some use of it!

Since I now own one, I can contribute!

View attachment 407793

2018 Studio Deluxe IV in Midnight Caribbean Blue.

That’s a gorgeous Studio my friend, I’ve seen it before here and I don’t believe I commented on it. The cream plastics really compliment that beautiful blue and the grain showing through!

I don’t known why Gibson felt the need to include “midnight “ in the color description,...to me it looks more like the Caribbean in daytime with the sparkling sunlight dancing on the waves!!

Congrats Buddy! :applause:

Oh I forgot,..I love the American Flag backdrop! I love to see our Flag as much as possible,....especially these days!!

scozz

Reaction score
I was looking through this 11 year old thread and I’m seeing all those great Photobucket pics blurred out! :squint: So I guess I’ll re-post my only Studio. I bought it new in 2006, I knew I had to have it as soon as I played it!

2006 Gibson Studio Premium Plus,....

Flame mahogany neck and headstock,....

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was looking through this 11 year old thread and I’m seeing all those great Photobucket pics blurred out! :squint: So I guess I’ll re-post my only Studio. I bought it new in 2006, I knew I had to have it as soon as I played it!

2006 Gibson Studio Premium Plus,....

Flame mahogany neck and headstock,....

As I said earlier, some things are worth repeating!

I would gladly own one if I had the chance!

In more subdued light there is a slightly darker rim burst that may have been why they named it Midnight...:dunno:

And the flag is actually a sweater I picked up years ago unwanted in donation pile at my church.

I've had it ever since and still where it out when I can! I have looked for another, but I cannot find that pattern anywhere.