Lets See Your Road Worn/Reliced/ Faded/ Beat Up Les Pauls

theycallmegio

Reaction score
My very first LP.

baby girl #1
‘97 LPC - I bought it in 2011, sold it, and re acquired it in 2013 before leaving the USAF.

it was gigged and toured before it came to me and gigged locally before I found it again. She’s been around the block but she does all the things I like and knows how to do them well

motowntom

Reaction score
My very first LP.

baby girl #1
‘97 LPC - I bought it in 2011, sold it, and re acquired it in 2013 before leaving the USAF.

it was gigged and toured before it came to me and gigged locally before I found it again. She’s been around the block but she does all the things I like and knows how to do them well
Thank you for your service. USAF
Cheers

NINFNM

Reaction score
Thats awesome! Whats the story with it being so beat up and that painted neck?
It's been refretted twice, and in one of them the "luthier" did a mess with the neck binding, so I had to replace it.
I took the opportunity to refinish the neck in a new color. I always liked white guitars so I went for this irreverent mismatched look

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I play the crap out of my guitars. They never seem to get worn. I think my sweat is like nitro polish. My strings last forever too. Only thing I’ve managed to put wear marks on is my mim jazz bass. Worn through the poly on the neck in spots where my thumb goes. It’s seen a lot of gigs.

Peter M

Reaction score
I play the crap out of my guitars. They never seem to get worn
Cheers to you, I have the same "issue" LOL. In my brash youth I would do a lot more damage since I never bothered to wipe down my guitars after playing and didn't spend any time polishing them. I'd say from my late 20s on, I began to care more about "damage control" and my most regular of workhorses are well-maintained.

kingfredward

Reaction score
I have a 60s Les Paul Standard Unburst 2020. I sincerely hope it fades and ages over the years. Anyone know what the new nitro finish is like and whether it will lead to wear and fading?

AJK1

Reaction score
I have a 60s Les Paul Standard Unburst 2020. I sincerely hope it fades and ages over the years. Anyone know what the new nitro finish is like and whether it will lead to wear and fading?
Play it and find out

Latest Threads