Let's See Your Flametop !!!

Jonny333

Reaction score
Danelectro... i'm going to follow you around for a year! You always find the nicest tops :D

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The latest member of the clan. I went to the Ohio guitar show last Sunday and somehow this followed me out.
Wow, that's a beauty, Dan! Congrats! What year is it?

Frank

uburoibob

Reaction score
My 2009 aged Bloomie...

And my 2009 PRS Dirty 100...

Bob

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a beauty, Dan! Congrats! What year is it?
Frank
2003 non-brazilian. It came with a pair of Throbak SLE-101+ pickups installed (original pups in the case), RS pots, vintage caps (that I really like), brown Lifton and all case candy. The neck profile is one of the best I've felt on an R9. Its 9 lbs even which is a little heavier than what I usually look for, but its not a boat anchor by any means. The finish has fine checking which is noticeable at certain angles and completely invisible at others. I got a good deal on it, so I'm not going to let a little checking bother me. The guitar is on my workbench right now in the process of getting a set of HM celluloid inlays installed.

Tmeisster

Reaction score
2003 non-brazilian. (...) The finish has fine checking which is noticeable at certain angles and completely invisible at others. I got a good deal on it, so I'm not going to let a little checking bother me. The guitar is on my workbench right now in the process of getting a set of HM celluloid inlays installed.
Please share some pics when you get a chance. It's a real looker!:photos:

dealmaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of a really wide & wild flame AAAAA - "Red Tiger" - Tiger stripe/Flame top?? Thinking of getting one made and want some points of reference!

Thanks!

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Please share some pics when you get a chance. It's a real looker!:photos:
Here are a few more pics of my "new" 2003, now sporting a set of Historic Makeover celluloid inlays which look 1000% more authentic than the acrylic inlays. The dark fretboard on this guitar is beautiful. It's officially not a Brazilian, but its one of those that makes you wonder if there might have been a few leftover BZ boards that somebody decided to go ahead and use up.

Before and after

Latest Threads