Let's See Your Favorite Les Paul in 2022!

GoldTopAxeMan

Reaction score
Always and forever my #1 - Not just for 2022. I'll never gig with it though....
An original 1970 Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop. All original except for the tuners. P/u's ohm out at around 5.5 or so, but it still rocks. Superb player and top is in incredible condition. Some buckle and strap rash on the back, but what do you expect for an axe that's almost as old as I am....

LP Deluxe Standing.JPG
LP Deluxe.JPG
LP Deluxe Back.JPG

coreydm676

The Cosmos
Reaction score
That's where they are all going! Cannot find genuine amber switch tips or gold top hats for sale in the UK for love nor money at the minute :(
90% sure Gibson stopped making them. Got mine from Philadelphia Luthier Supply who manufactures them. While they aren't the best rings out there (if you want those checkout Montreux) they are right for the price. Their amber switch tips are great though.

Elmore

Reaction score
1970 routed Les Paul Deluxe. That 50 year old wood is very dry. Heavy, but resonant. Great for southern rock and country. Original harness with Sprague caps. Whole Lotta Humbuckers. Aggressive sounding. Makes a Marshall sound like it should.
4ACB6848-1D44-49D9-A2E5-DC462F5D9543.jpeg

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 626323

Right now, the R6 Goldtop in the middle. Have another R6 GT on the way from Freddy G which may equal or supplant the middle one.

The black '78 Pro Deluxe and the red '81 Deluxe are very close runners up.
When you're shopping for a Les Paul, is one of your criteria that the fretboard has to be dark? Because I see you have 3 very dark fretboards there, and they aren't exactly common, even on Historics.

Latest Threads