Lets See Your Fat Teles

randelli

Reaction score
If you are looking for fat teles................. Mine must be obese - bordering on the obscene:

DirtyBlonde3.jpg

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Sacrilege! Humbuckers are made for Les Pauls! :cool:

:wave:

Seems to work ok for Keith Richards! :cool: :D Keith is the man - he's the reason I put humbuckers in the neck position. I hate the standard Telecaster neck pickup. It's probably the most useless thing on the guitar. I much prefer having no neck pickup (Esquire), a neck P90 or humbucker, or a replacement special made neck pickup like the Fralin.

Now double humbucker Fender's I agree. But IMO HSS Strats and Neck Humbucker'd Teles are cool! I dislike the Tele neck pickup (too muddy/dark) and the Strat bridge pickup (too bright/harsh). It just 'fixes' those problems. In the guitars I want to keep traditional I just have the Strat bridge pickups overwound and with a base plate to fatten it up and on the Tele neck pickups I have the option of going with a different spec pickup.

Here is the replacement Tele neck pickup that cures everything that is wrong with a Standard Tele neck pickup. This guy put it in his original 1952 Telecaster - removing the stock pickup from 1952! :shock: It's a different cover and winding. Similar to Fender's Twisted Tele pickup. It removes that clotty sound all Tele neck pickups have. I think I'm going to order a couple for the Teles I haven't "fattened up" yet. ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYwygdVPcw[/ame]

danohat

Reaction score
Another thread in which I have exactly the guitar the OP wants to see and I don't have any idea how to post my guitars. Guys, this has been going on for years. There's been a million threads about "Let's see your wine red Standards or your fat Tele's " and I just sit here thinking how I should figure out how to post them. But, I have a wine red fat Tele. And I will post that sonnuva bitch!

I will save all you some time.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Very nice "fat" Teles everyone... That is the best setup for a Tele. I've never liked the neck single coil - too muddy and bassy.

After I saw Keith Richards put 'buckers in the neck position of all of his Teles (at least his main ones anyway) I knew I had to do that too. I've yet to try a P90 or minibucker yet though.

I'm thinking about building a Tele soon. I want to do a Rosewood board model as I don't have a Rosewood board Tele. And it's gonna be a Fat Tele with probably a Full humbucker (probably Duncan '59) and in the bridge probably a Duncan Broadcaster pickup or a Duncan '54 Lead pickup. I want it orange - I've always wanted an Orange Telecaster with a Rosewood board. Dark orange though, not bright orange. That'd be fugly. Maybe a metallic dark orange or something.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Another Rist... W.B. V.T.P.H. w/ 50s wire in the neck, SD Hot Rails in the bridge.

P1040002-1.jpg

Very nice Dice! I remember when you had that guitar built. See, I was a lurker here WAY before I made my first post (I've been a member since 2008 but have been lurking since 2006 and I made my first post in 2010. :D). I love that guitar! And I badly want a Ristcaster or a Workhorse. Maybe someday... I'd love to have one of Roman's guitars.

frankthomson

Reaction score
Very nice "fat" Teles everyone... That is the best setup for a Tele. I've never liked the neck single coil - too muddy and bassy.

After I saw Keith Richards put 'buckers in the neck position of all of his Teles (at least his main ones anyway) I knew I had to do that too. I've yet to try a P90 or minibucker yet though.

I'm thinking about building a Tele soon. I want to do a Rosewood board model as I don't have a Rosewood board Tele. And it's gonna be a Fat Tele with probably a Full humbucker (probably Duncan '59) and in the bridge probably a Duncan Broadcaster pickup or a Duncan '54 Lead pickup. I want it orange - I've always wanted an Orange Telecaster with a Rosewood board. Dark orange though, not bright orange. That'd be fugly:shock:. Maybe a metallic dark orange or something.
:cool:
IMG00008-16.jpg
IMG00009-5.jpg

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice Dice! I remember when you had that guitar built. See, I was a lurker here WAY before I made my first post (I've been a member since 2008 but have been lurking since 2006 and I made my first post in 2010. :D). I love that guitar! And I badly want a Ristcaster or a Workhorse. Maybe someday... I'd love to have one of Roman's guitars.

Thanks! Roman still builds 'em. My Rist ran less than an AVRI Fender... no brainer in my opinion - I'll take the Rist hands down!

And, a late "welcome" to the forum!

Hyper

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the day that Fender branches out just a little to make a solid mahogany body and neck with rosewood fb and hummers Tele. That's what I want to buy. The ash/maple with a single coil is just too bright for my taste.

Great gits though everyone.

As somebody mentioned previously, it's already been done. Here's mine.

Tele1.jpg

Tele2.jpg

:thumb:

Latest Threads