Lets see your DIY Pedalboards

marc1kim

Reaction score
I've seen a ton of great ideas here, and in other forums for DIY pedalboards, and I'm highly motivated to make my own. Upon searching for a DIY pedalboard thread here at MLP I didnt find one, so post 'em if you got 'em, lets see your DIY pedalboards :thumb: :band:

JakeM

Reaction score
here is mine,

photo0142_001.jpg

jake

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Yeah, Punk!!! I love the notebook paper that says Double Muff and the BL Chorus! I'm gonna put one out in my garage that says 1967 El Camino. :)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
It's kind of an old photo, but...

utf-8BcGVkYWxib2FyZCBzYXZlZCEuanBn.jpg

Not pictured are the Fulltone Mini Deja-Vibe 2 and the Teese RMC4 Picture Wah. I'm undecided on building a new board that would fit them, since I want them to be protected but prefer them on the floor. The board's tilted a bit and has a matching cover. Fun to make.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
It's kind of an old photo, but...

utf-8BcGVkYWxib2FyZCBzYXZlZCEuanBn.jpg

Not pictured are the Fulltone Mini Deja-Vibe 2 and the Teese RMC4 Picture Wah. I'm undecided on building a new board that would fit them, since I want them to be protected but prefer them on the floor. The board's tilted a bit and has a matching cover. Fun to make.

Nice, practical selection of pedals!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Nice, practical selection of pedals!

Thanks, man! That's kinda what I'm going for. I'm not a pedal-heavy kind of guy. The verb stays on most of the time when I play clean, I almost NEVER use the delay, but I don't want to look at a hole on my board so it stays in place. :)
All I think I have left is a chorus and maybe a fuzz. POSSIBLY a compressor, but I really don't think I need one. I'm back and forth on that. I think we've actually talked about it before, you and I, right?? You play Eagles, if I remember. I'm looking really closely at Analogman's Bi-Chorus and their Sunface NKT-275. That SHOULD do it, after I swap out my delay for an Ekko or a CC. I just don't like things that say "Boss" for some reason, unless it's under the hood of an old Ford or on stage singing "Born to Run".
If I may digress further, most people hate their bosses. Why on earth would you name a product after something you hate?! Might as well be called "Butt Rape", as far as I'm concerned. Ok, that's a little strong, perhaps.
Happy Easter, though!

:lol:

2009LPGT

Reaction score
M&M, no don't play much of the Eagles. Love it but don't play it! I sold my Mini Bicomp because my name should come up soon for the 4-knob Bi Comp. I have not had compression in a month or two now and I don't miss it a bit. I doubt I will put it back on my board. I have a Keeley Phaser that took that spot and that thing is taking me over like a skin cancer. Loads of joyfullness in that one! :)

Here is my "Nano" that I built. I have since replaced the Carbon Copy with a Malekko Ekko 616 and the homemade board with an actual PT Nano (stupid, but I really do like the little thing!) The Carbon Copy gave quite a volume increase with my Tweed Champ but does not do that at all on my larger Tweed Deluxe based amp. The Malekko has a switchable buffer that really brightens up the soundin a good way, a trim pot that controls the level and the modulation is way fun! M&M, since you mentioned the Malekko Ekko, I will pimp myself once again and show off a bit with the Ekko's modulation settings.

As an aside: Malekko is coming out with the Ekko 919 with one full second of true analog delay plus more macheezmo all around. Might want to have a look at that one!

The homemade Nano:
IMG_1660.jpg

The new Nano (It will likely stay this way for a LOOOONNNGGG time, I really like this setup!
nano1.jpg

Malekko Ekko Vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehtnyz_jxe0]YouTube - Misty with Malekko Ekko 616 Delay (set to Lawrence Welk!)[/ame]

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Now I remember!!! The sandwich bag clips! :thumb: Did anyone actually find out what they're called??
That is one rad, straight forward board, man! I'll definitely wait and check out the 919 when it comes out. Then I'll try to hear it A/B with the CC. If I end up with a Bi-Chorus, I won't need much modulation on the delay.
I think maybe it was LPGSPlayer that I talked about the Eagles with. I'm pretty bad with names, faces, times and places. :)

marc1kim

Reaction score

JakeM

Reaction score
That bamboo design would be really cool if you could hollow out a rectangle in the bottom that was deep enough to hide pedal power and cable routing...might need to look into it

adkima00

Reaction score
Here's mine. Scrap plywood with a welcome mat stapled to the top. An extension cord hardwired to an outlet for power and bike chain links holding all the pedals down. There is a grand total of $3 (for the welcome mat) in this board. Everything else was scrap in the basement.

032.jpg

blamo

Reaction score
I've checked that thread out:thumb: There's alot of mix of store bought pedalboards in there too, so I thought a deticated DIY thread would be cool.

Here's one I found online made from a Bamboo cutting board:

cuttingpedalboard.jpg

this is awesome!

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

just built this yesterday. had some leftover wood and red croco tolex from a couple of cab builds so i made this little mini board. it's made of baltic birch ply for maximum tone! ;) the B3 logo is sterling silver and the hex bolts on the front are just for awesomeness they don't serve a purpose other than making it look totally badass! Our bass player is gonna use it for is tuner and bigmuff. I don't need it. I already have a PT-2 and pedaltrain mini. I was thinking about building one of these slightly bigger than my PT-2 cause i'm running out of space on it. We'll see.

Latest Threads