Lets see your #1 Les Paul

Big electric cat

Reaction score
FYI means its just a note so you can add it to your info. There is no abrasiveness either intended either on my end, nor that could be objectively gleaned from my choice of words or the way that I have used them.

And I think your method of inferring meaning from the rest of the post has gone a little awry too.
Selection of wood from a supplier has no specific relevance to the species of wood you choose, and grades of wood only refer to looks and the prettiness of the grain from within a specific wood grouping. Nothing of these aspects make a AAAAA graded slab of wood better for a guitar than the lowest A grade. Nor does a single slab of wood make for a better tone than a multi-piece.....even if you take away the obvious subjective nature of the word 'better'.
Of course different wood species and different weights make for different tone. In no part of my post have I made this claim, nor inferred it in the minutest way.
Hopefully we can get past these so the actual detail of what I did post - the selection of mahogany and maple from the point of view of Gibson's selection of wood as detailed from your post describing 'good wood'.
"FYI means its just a note so you can add it to your info. There is no abrasiveness either intended either on my end, nor that could be objectively gleaned from my choice of words or the way that I have used them"

I firmly stand by my original retort to your initial correspondence.

And "FYI" can be interpreted in several different ways.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
"FYI means its just a note so you can add it to your info. There is no abrasiveness either intended either on my end, nor that could be objectively gleaned from my choice of words or the way that I have used them"

And "FYI" can be interpreted in several different ways. Non of which I care to go back and forth with you in this format.

Stay well.

ARandall

Reaction score

And "FYI" can be interpreted in several different ways.
I can accept that - FYI might have had many meanings upon first encounter. But the tone and info given should have tipped you off to the nature of my intent quite overwhelmingly. I am prepared to offer an olive branch and apologise that my intent in that initial encounter might not have been clear - I'm sorry if the first post came off as rude.
But it seems now like being offended was the main goal here - as now you are deliberately choosing not to accept my intent.
And my olive branch does not cover your wilful misconstruing of the facts - I will require reciprocation.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
Changed to board because I just love ebony, always thought Gibson should have offered ebony boards as an option across the whole line of LPs. I don't care for rosewood unless it's super dark. Light colored rosewood a la Rickenbackers just doesn't look good on an LP.

I set mine up with 11-52, no problem yet with the bridge.
My Tv Yellow Special DC 1995
Very cool guitar!

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This shouldn't be my #1 with all I have to choose from, but she has never been dethroned in the 10 years I've owned her: '10 Traditional Pro Goldtop/Darkback

View attachment 492553
Now seeing that this is in the Historic Section, if I had to say what my #1 Historic is, I would say this: 2013 R0

2013r0-63.jpg

Latest Threads