Lets see your #1 Les Paul

1all's Pub

Reaction score
My number 1 is my 2018 R8 Royal Teaburst VOS. Brandonwound ‘59 Clones pickups, 50s ThroBak wiring harness with CTS pots and Luxe Bumblebee PIO caps (.015uf neck, .022uf bridge), and Faber locking tailpiece studs. Stunning guitar both tonally and visually (I may be biased ;)).
F7589DE5-8940-495D-98A9-4A65E8858FB6.jpeg
E1302308-18C3-455C-896E-539E4D4C153B.jpeg
50891F7A-2F4B-44F2-9B3D-C8346826E31B.jpeg

Big electric cat

Reaction score
Probably the guitar in my avatar (which was when it was freshly sprayed)
Its a burst clone with Wizz vintage wire pickups. Below is what it has faded to: View attachment 492531

Or my sort of ES 335 build. A full 50's p90 harness is in this one:
View attachment 492532 View attachment 492533
Those are some beautiful guitars you have pictured here. Gorgeous!
Did you do all of the finish work on these guitars?
Did you make the Tele with the p90s, f hole and stop tailpiece?

ARandall

Reaction score
Those are some beautiful guitars you have pictured here. Gorgeous!
Did you do all of the finish work on these guitars?
Did you make the Tele with the p90s, f hole and stop tailpiece?
Yes, I build all of my guitars from scratch. Including all finishing work......Being Australian and LH there are precious few models available to us locally, and what is about is hugely expensive. I can generally build (not counting labour cost of course) for about 20-25% of retail price for the same sort of instrument. But something like the Les Paul and that ES I showed both have a braz fretboard, all the most accurate parts and super expensive pickups. You simply can't buy an equivalent for a lefty fullstop.

Its a great hobby to have, not only the pride of being able to make something yourself.....but the ability to make music with the fruits of your labour for many years afterwards.
I've also soldered a couple of amp kits too.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
Yes, I build all of my guitars from scratch. Including all finishing work......Being Australian and LH there are precious few models available to us locally, and what is about is hugely expensive. I can generally build (not counting labour cost of course) for about 20-25% of retail price for the same sort of instrument. But something like the Les Paul and that ES I showed both have a braz fretboard, all the most accurate parts and super expensive pickups. You simply can't buy an equivalent for a lefty fullstop.

Its a great hobby to have, not only the pride of being able to make something yourself.....but the ability to make music with the fruits of your labour for many years afterwards.
I've also soldered a couple of amp kits too.
Amazing! I can barely make a ham sandwich and you're making these gorgeous guitars!

jbash

Reaction score
Ughh. I apologize. I just realized this was in the Historics and Reissues forum.

Sorry for tainting it with my USA production model :facepalm:

Latest Threads