Lets see your #1 Les Paul

meatball

Reaction score
View attachment 492418
MY 1996 Les Paul 56 with Lollar P90s. No pedal board on this gig. I do however have a Caitlinbread Echorec
in the effects loop. Ice tea by Dunkin Donuts.
This guitar weighs just under 8lbs. She can scream and purr like a Mountain Lion.
This is the guitar I play when I want to have fun. Nice chunky neck. The tone from this guitar is beyond amazing.
A Christmas gift from my then fiancee.
I too use a Goldtop thru a Blackstar. Ya cant go wrong with that combo

brianbzed

Reaction score
2018 Murphy paint/braz board
She isn't my oldest or prettiest Les Paul, but "Ole Yeller" is my #1. Bought new in 1987-Alpine White. Finish checked all over...the original plastics dried-out, cracked or fell off... original Shaw in the neck, SD JB in the bridge (older than the guitar circa 1985)..replaced Klusons...poker chip reads " Moan -Scream"...TRC "Ole Yeller"......
09 (3).jpg

LCPG282

Reaction score
@brianbzed

Out of topic, I'm sorry, but how is the neck on your '99 Fender Paisley Strat. I'ts supposed to have a U shape but is it really deep with big shoulders or close to a C profile with a little more depth?

Last edited:

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
'R9 So good I cased my '13 TradPro2 that I refinished and modded to that only the bare wood is original.

Love it the way it is that the only "mod" is the TRC with "Billy" on it as tribute to my dad whose inheritance allowed me to get it.

That is one beautiful LP

Sweeper5

Reaction score
This shouldn't be my #1 with all I have to choose from, but she has never been dethroned in the 10 years I've owned her: '10 Traditional Pro Goldtop/Darkback

View attachment 492553
Know what you mean. I have an ‘09 Trad Pro that I dearly love as well. I did change the pups and put grover kidney bean tuners...but that machine rocks. Heavy as hell, but it sounds and plays like a dream.

Big electric cat

Reaction score
I too use a Goldtop thru a Blackstar. Ya cant go wrong with that combo
I love the Blackstar amp. I'm not to fond of a 1 speaker amp.
The 2x12s and the fact that I don't have to crank the hell outta
it to get great tones outta it.
Although I have to admit I'm now using my 1975 Princeton reverb
on just about every gig I do. I set the volume on the amp at 3, mic
it up and come back through a dedicated monitor. My Dad bought me that amp
When I was 11 brand spanking new. It sounds awesome!

Big electric cat

Reaction score
My 1980 Gibson Heritage Elite Les Paul Standard. With Lindy Fralin 9k 8k pickups.
Over the last 40 years I played it so much the pots literally stopped working correctly. The Shaw Pickups kinda lost their magnetic strength. So in 2014 I put the Fralins in the guitar.
This pic doesn't really highlight the beautiful flame top. The lacquer broke down so badly that if water or sweat gets on the guitar body the finish immediately turns white. 500k pots which are very bright sounding so I always have the tone rolled of to around 6 or 7. Great playing and sounding Les Paul. My Dad bought it for me in 1980 at Mannys on 48th street for $1200. The amount of wear and tear on this guitar put it in the beyond super heavy relic category.

Screenshot_20201030-201614.jpg

Below with double cream Pearly Gates

Screenshot_20201030-201825.jpg

Last edited:

drmmrr55

Reaction score
My current #1 LP is a 2019 OC Special. I changed the tuners to keystones, and a custom engraved TR cover with my nickname engraved. My #2 LP, is a tribute that I paid $599 last spring. Man, I guess you can tell...I love P90's!
Special 1.jpg
Special 1.jpg Tribute 1.jpg

Latest Threads