Let's hear your playing through your rig

PJH

Reaction score
This has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things that I’ve done musically (for myself) during this lockdown period. Larry (drummer) and I had a lot of fun recording this. The track forms part of my next solo album which I’m busy with at the moment.

I used the Kemper for all the guitars in the way that I think it was meant to be used, in that most of the profiles were created by me. The profiles used in this track were created from my live rig using all the various pedals etc. This device has been a revelation for me in terms of guitar tone and ease of use.

Please note, if you normally listen to three or four minute songs this is definitely not for you. The track runs for around 12 minutes and is structured into three parts.

Hope you enjoy

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things that I’ve done musically (for myself) during this lockdown period...
Peter, just superb. Reminded me of a lot of music I used to listen to along time ago (Camel, Marillion, Solstice), and some of the more obvious mainstream stuff, but stands alone as its own thing. Really enjoyed listening. I'm generally thinking about amp modelling when perusing this sub-forum, but for just short of 12 minutes was totally absorbed by music. That's got to be good, hasn't it?

Off topic for the sub-forum, what are you using for synth sounds. Really nice organic 70s feel that reminds me of Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" era. Some lovely rhythmic synth parts too.

The Kemper models obviously sound amazing, would love to know what you profiled them all from. I went down the Fractal route, but I am going to guess that we all land in the same place. The digital models are to all intents and purposes just like having an amp and cab in the room next door, and I find it quicker, easier, and pretty much indistinguishable to pull up a model on the digital amp rather than get an amp out and mic anything up. It felt a little synthetic a few years ago, but nowadays the few physical amps and cabs I still have are kind of pointless. I bet I'll record again with one or 2 of them, but doubt very much any (but for maybe one) of them will make it out to a gig again.

Liam

PJH

Reaction score
Peter, just superb. Reminded me of a lot of music I used to listen to along time ago (Camel, Marillion, Solstice), and some of the more obvious mainstream stuff, but stands alone as its own thing. Really enjoyed listening. I'm generally thinking about amp modelling when perusing this sub-forum, but for just short of 12 minutes was totally absorbed by music. That's got to be good, hasn't it?

Off topic for the sub-forum, what are you using for synth sounds. Really nice organic 70s feel that reminds me of Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" era. Some lovely rhythmic synth parts too.

The Kemper models obviously sound amazing, would love to know what you profiled them all from. I went down the Fractal route, but I am going to guess that we all land in the same place. The digital models are to all intents and purposes just like having an amp and cab in the room next door, and I find it quicker, easier, and pretty much indistinguishable to pull up a model on the digital amp rather than get an amp out and mic anything up. It felt a little synthetic a few years ago, but nowadays the few physical amps and cabs I still have are kind of pointless. I bet I'll record again with one or 2 of them, but doubt very much any (but for maybe one) of them will make it out to a gig again.

Liam
Thanks for your comments, Liam! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Regarding the synth sounds, I did list out the synths in the beginning of the video.

I created my profiles from my Marshall JCM2000 TSL combo. I set the amp to the clean channel and then in conjunction with my favourite pedals (MI Audio Super Crunchbox, the MI Audio Super Blues Pro and the MI Audio Megalith Delta) I profiled the results. I also profiled the Marshall Drivemaster pedal (this was used for the first solo in part 2)

I used to use the Line 6 Helix which I loved but when I tried the Kemper and found that I could create my own profiles it was a no brainer.

Cheers.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
My cover band finally got back at it....here's a taste of our return to the jamroom. I know you dudes like the tech stuff, so here's my path:

Guitar---Orange Rocker 15 Terror---Two Notes Captor 16—-Mooer Radar with OwnHammer V30/Greenback 2x12 cab sim....and sweat, a lot of sweat! We were drenched after this jam!

https://soundcloud.com/northernguitarguy%2Freal

Last edited:

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, Liam! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Regarding the synth sounds, I did list out the synths in the beginning of the video.
:doh: I had actually seen that, and 12 minutes later it had somehow walked out of my middle aged brain. Worse than that, I have at least one of those plugins in my DAW, and never, ever use it. Peter, you might have inspired me if I still remember that next time I write something!

Liam

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I got this guitar recently so I made a video. All sounds from the guitar are from the Helix. For the Sabbath riffs I am using the Line 6 Doom original amp model. Everything else is the Placater... both clean and dirty. I recently discovered that turning off the "Saturation" switch on the Placater Dirty amp block really turns this amp model into the best Marshall type amp sim I have ever played... full bodied and 3d without too much flub.

Anyway...

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Last edited:

THAWK819

Reaction score
I should be inspired to practice and get better by threads like this... why do they make me want to sell all my guitars/amps/pedals and just give up and become a bass player?

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
I should be inspired to practice and get better by threads like this... why do they make me want to sell all my guitars/amps/pedals and just give up and become a bass player?
Don’t do that !!
I do realize we need good bass players, but we need bass players that actually play bass, and understand it, not like my attempts of a guitar player pretending to be a bassist.
Cheers
Mitch

Latest Threads