Let's hear your playing through your rig

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I'm just glad to finally meet another studio one user! :applause:

I've used it for several years and have bought the producers version.

Haven't seen any love in here yet, so I didn't bring it up till now, but if I can help in any way (with studio one, your playing needs no help!) let me know!
Studio One here as well. Took me a day or so to find my way around it, and then I officially made the jump from Pro Tools. Couldn't be happier with it.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Studio One here as well. Took me a day or so to find my way around it, and then I officially made the jump from Pro Tools. Couldn't be happier with it.
Thank you! That's so good to hear because I have been more than happy with it. Intuitive, functional, great sounding and easy, if you want.

I haven't hit a brick wall with it yet, so I've had no need to change.

Maybe we should start a studio one group. Don't want to derail OP.

Thanks OP! :thumb:

DotStudio

Reaction score
I bought Studio One in November when Sweetwater was running a deal. I have yet to download it though :hmm:

I've flung my playing/recordings all over this forum, so I won't subject you all to more of that :laugh2:

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been using Studio One, but work pressure has taken me away from it for a while. Last thing I recorded was almost 6 months ago - was that something like Q3.0 or 4.0? Good software, very intuitive, got the drum machine plugin as well. I posted this in the Axe FX thread back when I recorded it:

https://app.box.com/s/dwi4pamwifxf859u6u6j1r188z1vdw62

I spent a bit of time with freebie DAW software, but ended up buying Studio One. Just wish I had a bit more time to get to know it better, as it has been pretty amazing for my "messing around" experimentation.

Liam

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought Studio One in November when Sweetwater was running a deal. I have yet to download it though :hmm:

I've flung my playing/recordings all over this forum, so I won't subject you all to more of that :laugh2:
HA ha!

From what I've read from others your recordings are well received by the folks around here! :applause:

I envy you since I haven't the intestinal fortitude to sling my playing out there to anyone outside of my listening area! :shock:

I give you a lot of props for bravery or don't give a sh!t! :thumb:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
For modeling stuff, I've been using an Eleven Rack for a few years now, and this past year picked up some of the UAD plugins and have been having a lot of fun with those. They make it so easy to just plug in and get great tones right off the bat. If you haven't seen Pete Thorn's demos of them, I highly recommend them.

Here's a clip of my Eleven Rack (and a rubber chicken)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J-ke2Em6uA

And here's me butchering the 'Hot For Teacher' solo with the UAD Friedman plugin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYJu3vPdhs

WOW!!!! just watched.. Yeah that's good.

BUT .... wait for it. The HFT second video was better for hearing your guitar.

You sounded like you were behind the rhythm and drowned out on the first one.

my 2 cents

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I'm just glad to finally meet another studio one user! :applause:

I've used it for several years and have bought the producers version.

Haven't seen any love in here yet, so I didn't bring it up till now, but if I can help in any way (with studio one, your playing needs no help!) let me know!
Great Darrell thanks for the offer of support.:cheers2:

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score

Ha! I just listened to 'Scramblin' on your link. Well I'll be.... Not too shabby!:applause:

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
The Amp is a Park 75, which is a rebranded Marshall.

I think the story goes that Jim Marshall created the Park line of amps in the late 60's to get around a restrictive distribution deal he had signed.

The patch also uses a Klon Centaur distortion box model.

Edit... I found a blurb on Park amps on the Marshall wiki page... interesting stuff.

"PARK AMPLIFIERS

The new contract had disenfranchised several of Marshall's former distributors, among them his old friend Johnny Jones. Marshall's contract did not prevent him from building amplifiers outside the company, and so Marshall launched the Park brand name, inspired by the maiden name of Jones's wife.[8] To comply with his contract stipulations, these amplifiers had minor circuit changes compared to the regular Marshalls, and minor changes to the appearance. For instance, often the Parks had silver or black front panels instead of the Marshall's gold ones, some of the enclosures were taller or shaped differently, and controls were laid out and labeled differently.[9]
Starting in early 1965, Park produced a number of amplifiers including a 45-watt head. Most of these had Marshall layout and components, though some unusual amplifiers were made, such as a 75 watt keyboard amplifier with KT88 tubes. A 2×12" combo had the option of sending the first channel into the second, probably inspired by Marshall users doing the same trick with a jumper cable.[8] The 1972 Park 75 put out about 100 watts by way of two KT88s, whereas the comparable 50-watt Model 1987 of that time used 2 EL34 tubes.[9]
In 1982, Park came to an end, though Marshall later revived the brand for some transistor amplifiers made in Asia.[8] The Parks made from the mid-1960s to around 1974 (the "golden years"), with point-to-point wiring—rumoured to be "a little hotter" than regular Marshalls—fetch higher prices than comparable "real" Marshalls from the same period."

DotStudio

Reaction score
Ha! I just listened to 'Scramblin' on your link. Well I'll be.... Not too shabby!:applause:
Thanks Darrell :wave:

That was my first attempt at recording in any capacity. There's much to be improved upon, but it's a start :laugh2:

Last edited: