Let’s play “IF History”.

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
IF History is the game of surmising what could logically have happened IF a particular historical fact or event is replaced with a viable alternative; something that could just as easily have actually happened...IF history had played out a little differently than what actually occurred.
For our first round I submit that IF Richard Nixon had won (he narrowly lost) the 1960 presidential election to JFK, I contend it highly likely that the Cuban Missile Crisis would have not been diffused ( remember that every single official advisor to JFK suggested attacking Russia) and hence rather than being assassinated in November of 63’ JFK would have been killed a year earlier during an exchange of nuclear weapons between the two nations along with most everyone else.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
If Squeaky Fromme got "through" no Plant car crash....Bonham death?
Attempt to contact Jimmy Page[edit]
Fromme spoke with Danny Goldberg, the vice president of Swan Song Records, Led Zeppelin's record company, in March 1975. She asked to meet with guitarist Jimmy Page to warn him of "bad energy". She claimed to have foreseen the future and wished to warn Page of imminent danger. Goldberg stated that he couldn't see Page until the following night, to which Fromme responded "tomorrow night will probably be too late". After a long discussion, Goldberg agreed to deliver a message to Page if she wrote it down, but the note was burned.[12]

instead an empty gun "scare" for Gerald Ford.............

scott1970

Reaction score
Had Braxton Bragg not listened to his lieutenants he could have destroyed Rosecrans. The world would be different today.

Same if Duane Allman hadn’t mounted that motorcycle although without a possible change in the outcome of the War Between the States.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
If the Battle of Britain had been lost by the Commonwealth and England invaded and then taken by the Nazi's. They (nazi's) would have then eventually created the A-Bomb by themselves and would have probably dropped it on Washington D.C, U.S.A. if they hadn't already finished off Russia.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's silly to think that you can say if one thing was different then "X" would have happened. The infinite number of iterations from 1 small change of course makes predicting anything totally impossible.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What if Hitler had been accepted into that art school and flourished? Maybe today Hitlers would be hanging in museums across the world.
Or maybe he actually would have succeeded in taking over the world and we'd all be goose-stepping right now.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Or maybe he actually would have succeeded in taking over the world and we'd all be goose-stepping right now.
Thank goodness he didn't, I don't want to goose step. I've read that he was quite bitter about not being accepted and losing his possible career as an artist. I'm just glad he didn't pull it off.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness he didn't, I don't want to goose step. I've read that he was quite bitter about not being accepted and losing his possible career as an artist. I'm just glad he didn't pull it off.
Right. Just driving home my point about the fallacy of "if this then that".

Not only might we be goose-stepping but we might all have Hitlers hanging in our living rooms depicting big titted blonde frauleins serving bratwurst and beer for thanksgiving dinner instead of Norman Rockwell's version.

Last edited: