Les Pauls are AMAZING guitars... BUT...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Lester, I’m not a fan of super hot pickups, rather the opposite...and close to rings. Brighter and more expressive ‘to me’.. Love P90, minis, PAFs...

Single coils on Fenders? Light them bitches up and wind em till they yell uncle... Rolls off the top end some with all that wire.... Fatter and less ice pick at bridge... Hate ice pick...

Those hot ass GFS Tele pickups with the P bass slugs are on my fav list... Nads from hell... I’m gonna swap out to those on one of my Teles... We’ve put em in a couple of projects and they were perfect...

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
This guy is just hurting for attention. This definitely isn't the first strats are better thread that he has started. At least the others were started in other subforums. This subforum to me is about Les Pauls and nothing else. I could go on forever about how much more I like my Les Paul over strats, but this thread doesn't deserve any more posts.

LP1865

Reaction score
The les paul is an amazing guitar, but I like strats better. Why? Comfort. LP guitars are heavy and feel awkward to play both standing and sitting (for me) the edges cut into me and cause discomfort.
Some would argue otherwise (including me).
I learnt guitar on a massive and cheap acoustic guitar with an extremely thin neck
the first electric I played was a strat, i had a hard time playing it due to the extremely thin body.
When i got my first electric, which is my Epiphone Les paul, i was immediately comfortable with it.
Firstly, it was very close to my acoustic's size, also the neck was pretty fat, allowing me to play chords better.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I do have a strat type object. When you want a strat, you want a strat. Both are iconic guitars.

But, the comment I made earlier was because it did seem like a very silly and attention whoring post to me.

This is mine. MIJ HIstory Limited Edition, 31 made in orange burst and 104 all together in the 4 colors it was offered in.

historylhpremiumstrat.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
News flash: There is no better...just familiar and different...

If a kid’s local guitar hero plays even a ZimGar guitar, that kid will most likely like ZimGar guitars above all others.

Some folks won’t play nuttin but fat G’s... Some, it is Rick’s... Some 335s...Some like yadda yadda... The list is endless...

Martin’s, Taylor’s, CCs, etc.... Some even love them plastical fat neck flamanker guitars...

Some even love those sparkly bass boat guitars with knobs and switches from hell...

budg

Reaction score
Love my strats . When it comes to Gibson’s though , my SG is more ballsy thru a Marshall. For versatility, my 335 is more versatile and comfortable than my LP. My LP does it’s thing pretty well though.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DA05C2A8-A4B4-42B8-B7C7-88FDCBCEF6E1.jpeg

84D13F76-736C-45F5-988A-2319C17C0F07.jpeg

Not a Strat hater,.... I love what they can do, but I know their limitations. It’s why my white Squier is loaded with EMGs and my black Strat is a EC Blackie has Noiseless pickups.... Though my P90 Gibby’s have more girth.

Frethead

Reaction score
The les paul is an amazing guitar, but I like strats better. Why? Comfort. LP guitars are heavy and feel awkward to play both standing and sitting (for me) the edges cut into me and cause discomfort. I LOVE the way a LP guitar looks but I can't get down with how it feels. I have both humbucker and single coil guitars so I don't feel like I'm missing out by not owning a LP (ive owned a few and eventually sold them all) ... its hard to argue that a strat is more comfortable to play than a LP. Both standing and sitting.
Lebowski.jpg

I don't think it's hard to argue at all. For me, a Les Paul is more comfortable. I find the scale length of a guitar very noticeable and it makes a big difference for me. 24.75" is just so much more comfortable in my hands opposed to 25.5".

Also, I find Strats very awkward with their dead straight body and neck. It's like a giant plank, especially when sitting down, it's like putting strings on a canoe paddle. The neck angle on a Les Paul conforms to your body and arms much better while sitting down. But ya know, that's just like my opinion man

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first electric was a cheap LP. I got comfortable resting my hand on the bridge. When I picked up a Strat for the first time, and I rest my hand on the bridge, that damn volume knob is right in the way. Annoying.

Latest Threads