Les Paul + Valve amp = Les is more Paul

Musikell

Reaction score
After a prolonged session in Rainbow music, Carlisle, UK, which I enjoyed far more than the proprietors, I chose the Fender over the others because I liked the tweed cabinet.

Thats not true. Well I did like the cabinet.

I thought the Marshall DSC5CR was great and was my initial preference. As I played I felt that the Marshall was giving me great response and I got a great sound quickly and easily. Instantly I was able to conjure up recognisable riffs.

At first, the Fender Junior seemed just too loud and aggressive, but as I twiddled about I found that the amp seemed to respond to the settings n the guitar in a more pleasing way ( sorry I can't be more precise) and when I switched back the Marshall seemed a little harsh, more digital sounding.
lp and amp-1.jpg

By no means everyones choice and I realise that my decision is open to question and derision, but the Fender kept me playing and experimenting, so it came home with me.

sonar1

Reaction score
Congratulations!

Two or three times I’ve come home with the amp I played the guitar through, because once I didn’t, and had to go back for it!:facepalm:

Musikell

Reaction score
Congratulations!

Two or three times I’ve come home with the amp I played the guitar through, because once I didn’t, and had to go back for it!:facepalm:
Hey thanks. I don't want to knock anyones choice here, and thought the Marshall is great value, but....well I bought the LP because it talked to me and the Fender PJ kind of egged me on to play more and made me smile inside. Just sooooo satisfying to be able to get it right without going into batshit crazy money.

Musikell

Reaction score
When trying guitars, I bring an amp.
When trying amps, I bring a guitar.
I saved a LOT of money that way.
While I agree with what you say, I saved a lot of money some time ago by playing a Les Paul through a cheap amp and not buying it because I didn't like the sound.

Then I heard what an LP really sounds like.

SOLD..................

Latest Threads