Les Paul Tribute vs epiphones

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got $875 US into my '13 Tribute including everything replaced except the tuners and bridge and with a generic hard case. I could have had an Epi '59 I suppose but it would have cost me more. And I have mini hums.

g0ldr4k3

Reaction score
well.. I switch side. KEEP THE TRIBUTE. why?
today I found some time to go to my local shop and try the 59. well, honestly I love the burstbuckers, they sound amazing to my ears. BUT too plastic looking for my taste...so....I came back home and smelled my gibson classic...ahhhh.
FOR me my goldtop tribute is way better. If the 59 was polished like a mirror and open pore painting like my 2014s I'd definetely spent the money.
I was in love with the idea of a great epi without need of mods......but as soon as I opened the case I was thinking of polishing the front and the back...not the neck. I really liked the neck.
Next I'm curious to try a slash vermillion red...but she hasn't gibson pickups....

so from "keep'em' both" I'm going with a "keep the gibson!!"

ps I also think that if it was my only guitar and the budget was under 700€ I'd buyed her for sure. I's only that I'm too picky now.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite songs of all time used an epi 12 string….fender Xii on the album…
but live the epi was butter…it was obviously made in a different epiphone era

I say get the one that plays better…

I have chased this tone for 3 years…I think my tele 12 finally will give me the sound I’m wanting

Latest Threads