Les Paul Traditionnal tuners

Hebaton-SP

Reaction score
Sorry if this question as been asked on 100 times but, my search doesn't find anything clear.
Just got a 2018 Trad and I find the tuners so so. THey are not very precise. Would like something high quality with better ratio but that fits there without any new holes in the headstock. Does it exist ?

gball

Reaction score
Sorry if this question as been asked on 100 times but, my search doesn't find anything clear.
Just got a 2018 Trad and I find the tuners so so. THey are not very precise. Would like something high quality with better ratio but that fits there without any new holes in the headstock. Does it exist ?
I replaecd the stock Deluxe tuners on my LP Special with Kluson Revolutions, originally just because I hate the tiny white buttons as I have big hands. They are a drop-in replacement, bulletproof build and 19:1 ratio. They are so good I am likely going to change out the Deluxe tuners on my Traditional as well.

RocketKing

Reaction score
I used gotoh kluson style locking tuners on my first electric, a les paul style guitar.
I think they were called magnum lock or something like that.
They worked very well, with a higher ratio compared to the stock Gibson ones on my traditional and es 339.

ARandall

Reaction score
Typical tuners are in the 14:1 or 18:1 ratio range......or indeed those two options if you like Grovers.

What are your symptoms?? Many tuning issues are in the nut slot cutting....especially if you find the note changing erratically. I have never used the variety of 14:1 tuners I own and been unsatisfied with how accurate they are at hitting the desired note right on (with a well cut nut).

Hebaton-SP

Reaction score
I jjust don<tfind them very precise. Maybe it<s because I just came fro classical guitar but I like a smoother, more incremental adjustment. I<ll likely go for the Klusson revolutions... 19:1 should work for me.

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I jjust don<tfind them very precise. Maybe it<s because I just came fro classical guitar but I like a smoother, more incremental adjustment. I<ll likely go for the Klusson revolutions... 19:1 should work for me.
I've got the Kluson Revolutions too and they work well.

Latearrival

Reaction score
I can't honestly say I've had any problems with the Gibson/Kluson Deluxe (i.e. stock) tuners! I use a Peterson Stobe tuner and the standard tuners are quite precise enough for me! Just turn them more slowly!

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Well, every tuner is incremental. You turn the knob a small amount, the shaft revolves smoothly by a small amount. Turn it more, it smoothly revolves more. The only way that the tuning doesn't respond in the same way is the nut......as I said in my previous post.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Another user here with the Kluson Revolution series.

Latest Threads