les paul studio

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I found a LP Studio for sale...just wondering about the finish,fretboard and pups,birthdate....#94038457.its being advertised as a'94. This is my first post on here,I had a '79 lester custom,lost it.Been playing PRS,BUT,been hankerin' for that Gibby/Page sound.any info/help is greatly appreciated.
tarddoggy

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
from Vintage Guitars Info - Gibson collecting vintage gibson guitars

1994 Electric Gibsons.
In 1994 only, the Nashville Gibson factory numbered all instruments with a 94xxxxxx style number. The final 6 digits ranked the instruments over the whole year's production.

I think it was the centennial year, but most guys would incorrectly read that number as a 98.

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
dwagar,thank you man,you made my day! been out of the Gibson loop for far too long.

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you're welcome

the other giveaway is the normal day code xDDDxxxx, this guitar would have been built on the 403rd day of the year :)

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OK....did some more digging and I have another question:when did Gibson stop using ebony on the studio fretboards?
I cant make heads or tails out the serial #s on the search. what does the no.403 indicate?

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OK.....I feel really silly now.I found everything I needed to know on the Gibson home page, NOT TOO MENTION THE FACT THAT i NEVER INTRODUCED MYSELF!!! So.....Hello everybody,Im returning to the Gibson tone machines!!:hippie:

Latest Threads