Les paul Studio from ebay

TKOjams

Reaction score
so, I picked up this little beauty a while back and was wondering if it used to belonged to anybody here?

DanL

Reaction score
Other than the skull how would anyone know if it was their old guitar?

TKOjams

Reaction score
Other than the skull how would anyone know if it was their old guitar?
...not many people rout their Gibson for a bolt on neck after snapping the headstock, soooo....what more would they need to see?:cool:

DanL

Reaction score
...not many people rout their Gibson for a bolt on neck after snapping the headstock, soooo....what more would they need to see?:cool:
I did notice the screw holes but I'd never seen the neck pocket for a short tenon so I didn't know what to expect. Did you route it for a long tenon now?

TKOjams

Reaction score
I did notice the screw holes but I'd never seen the neck pocket for a short tenon so I didn't know what to expect. Did you route it for a long tenon now?
No, I routed it for the tenon on the 2006 CS LPC neck I have.

TheNoodler

Reaction score
hmm, what was it originally a studio or perhaps an epiphone? Although I can appreciate the work and craftsmanship you are putting into it, I question motivation. Why waste a high end real Gibson custom neck on a lower end multi-piece body? Why not just look for a body from an existing gibson LP standard or custom and use that so that the result is something of equal caliber throughout?

Left Paw

Reaction score
I thought Epiphone on first glance, but appears to be on its way to Gibson-ville.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
TKO - Great photos and nice work. The binding looks perfect. What kind of jig did you make to rout the binding slot (to compensate for the arch top)?

What kind of finish (color, I am assuming you're going to put a nitro finish on it) are you going to give it?

...and how the hell do you keep your bench looking so neat (or did you clean it up for the photo)?:)

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
(...) Why waste a high end real Gibson custom neck on a lower end multi-piece body? Why not just look for a body from an existing gibson LP standard or custom and use that so that the result is something of equal caliber throughout?
You obviously haven't looked at the pics. It has a two piece maple top and a nice mahogany back.
Maybe "wings" on the back but small ones if that's what they are.

kasu

Reaction score
Awesome looking body and great workmanship! :dude:
Looking forward to seeing the finished axe.

"...low end multipiece....bla bla.." such bullcrap some dudes try to make it sound like they know something..
:laugh2:

TKOjams

Reaction score
hmm, what was it originally a studio or perhaps an epiphone? Although I can appreciate the work and craftsmanship you are putting into it, I question motivation. Why waste a high end real Gibson custom neck on a lower end multi-piece body? Why not just look for a body from an existing gibson LP standard or custom and use that so that the result is something of equal caliber throughout?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhEWqyOROs]Boudreau Guitars - Part 1 Gibson Les Paul studio reconstruction / modification - YouTube[/ame]

TKOjams

Reaction score
I thought Epiphone on first glance, but appears to be on its way to Gibson-ville.
It's 100% Gibson. I took it to work and x-rayed it to make sure it had the 9 weight relief holes under the cap, which it does.

TKOjams

Reaction score
TKO - Great photos and nice work. The binding looks perfect. What kind of jig did you make to rout the binding slot (to compensate for the arch top)?

What kind of finish (color, I am assuming you're going to put a nitro finish on it) are you going to give it?

...and how the hell do you keep your bench looking so neat (or did you clean it up for the photo)?:)
I used a floating router jig I build a while back.
Yes, nitro, black.
Ha, ha, yeah I cleaned it for the picts. :D

TKOjams

Reaction score
Awesome looking body and great workmanship! :dude:
Looking forward to seeing the finished axe.

"...low end multipiece....bla bla.." such bullcrap some dudes try to make it sound like they know something..
:laugh2:
exactly, friggin' cork sniffers crack me up. :laugh2:
I mean do you really believe they would waste a one, or a two piece body blank on a Custom that was getting painted black anyway?, "not bloody likely!" :naughty:

Latest Threads