Les Paul Studio Custom?

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone verify this guitar is:

1-) Real?
2) - What are the general specs and value? I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. I've been trying to find a Custom Lite for ever but everyone is asking stupid money for them. I know there's the Classic Custom but those are pretty heavy. Looking for something on the lighter side.

This model on Reverb says it's a 1986? It looks new. Almost too good to be 36 years old lol

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
If I google "1986 les paul studio custom", I see dot inlays. Some have Explorer headstocks.

gitmohair

Reaction score
It's been refinished, quite apart from all the other mods, which might explain its "newer" appearance :/ The only original bits appear to be the wood and the binding.

gitmohair

Reaction score
I see dot inlays and explorer headstocks

It had dot inlays, they've been replaced. The ad's quite clear on the fact a lot has been done to the thing. It doesn't mention changing the headstock (beyond the split diamond being added) mind you ;)

gitmohair

Reaction score
What are the general specs and value?

Original specs are pretty meaningless with that much changed on it. Value? None to me, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole (FWIW, the same money over here would buy a brand new LP Deluxe (in a choice of colours) with full warranty, proper case and all that) but in general its worth what someone's prepared to pay for it. If you're thinking about resale value then you need to consider just how many people (apart from you) would be willing to buy it. I think it'd have a very limited market at anything close to that price, but I'm usually wrong :/

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original specs are pretty meaningless with that much changed on it. Value? None to me, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole (FWIW, the same money over here would buy a brand new LP Deluxe (in a choice of colours) with full warranty, proper case and all that) but in general its worth what someone's prepared to pay for it. If you're thinking about resale value then you need to consider just how many people (apart from you) would be willing to buy it. I think it'd have a very limited market at anything close to that price, but I'm usually wrong :/

I mean it looks cool despite kinda looking fake lol.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
So it looks like it started out in life looking like this (this is a different guitar):

s-l500.jpg

gitmohair

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a Custom Lite for ever but everyone is asking stupid money for them

Here's one that isn't much more than the thing you posted, so they obviously can be had for reasonable money:

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's one that isn't much more than the thing you posted, so they obviously can be had for reasonable money:

$3k before shipping internationally? Not in this lifetime lol.

The Lite could be had for $1500 6 years ago easy. People have been asking absurd amounts for them for a long time now.

searswashere

Reaction score
$3k before shipping internationally? Not in this lifetime lol.

The Lite could be had for $1500 6 years ago easy. People have been asking absurd amounts for them for a long time now.
Cant use old prices for current values. I wanted a base lpc for 4k Cdn or less. Stores dont have them and literally every listing was for at least 5k and they were selling. These were $3600 january 1 2022. So I just didnt buy one - spent way more on a 2022 68RI instead ;).

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant use old prices for current values. I wanted a base lpc for 4k Cdn or less. Stores dont have them and literally every listing was for at least 5k and they were selling. These were $3600 january 1 2022. So I just didnt buy one - spent way more on a 2022 68RI instead ;).
The value range is still $2-$2.5k

searswashere

Reaction score
Then it kept up with 6 years of price hikes on new guitars (yes im aware they dont make them).

Latest Threads