Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker

geezberry

Reaction score
Was looking promising until i read the word "chambered". If Gibson had made it solid, i'll bet you they'd sell sh!tloads of em.
Chambered just doesn't have the chunk. Sorry folks.
Bring it!
random-50.jpg

blamo

Reaction score
these wont get orange drops.

the 60s never did either.

the 50s P90s had ODs spec'd on the website.

I also see they removed the smoked acrylic covers from the spec sheet.

TheImmaterial

Reaction score
Was looking promising until i read the word "chambered". If Gibson had made it solid, i'll bet you they'd sell sh!tloads of em.
Chambered just doesn't have the chunk. Sorry folks.
Bring it!
random-50.jpg

Lol, all the 50s and 60s tributes were chambered and they couldn't make enough of them!

geezberry

Reaction score
Seriously, Gibson produces like 10 variations of this guitar. Studios, BFG's, Tributes, Faded's, etc. If they could just include one model that was not weight relieved, i can assure they would sell unbelievably. Some of us still know where good tone comes from.
Bring it.
random-37u.jpg

pawpek

Reaction score
you will de much happier with the 50 tribute, if u can find one i did get thelast one in the country{shipped 3000 miles} adn i never by a guitar with out feeling it or playing. thank god she sang like a aparakeet{expect fro the bridge pickup
! but easy change. and also dont know if u can get 50,s tributes no more?

If I brought one and it turned up I would die not with excitement, but by someone whacking me over the head with it :wow: :laugh2:

I have never brought a guitar without playing one first, but yep I would love one of these or the '50s tribute, but like you said you can't get them no more :(

pawpek

Reaction score
I agree I can't hear a difference.

I put a vit Q cap in my Burns Brian May guitar, it did make a small difference, got a bit more closer to his sound, much better then the one that was in there before :D

pawpek

Reaction score
Seriously, Gibson produces like 10 variations of this guitar. Studios, BFG's, Tributes, Faded's, etc. If they could just include one model that was not weight relieved, i can assure they would sell unbelievably. Some of us still know where good tone comes from.
Bring it.
random-37u.jpg

I love the tone form my '60s tribute, plus I don't get a bad back picking her up :D

Latest Threads