les paul standard plus serial

maxxi

Reaction score
hi,
today i purchased a used epiphone LP standard plus(used).
but when i got home and checked the serial number the first thing i noticed was that it didn't have a letter beginning the serial, its just numbers.

this is the serial: 081212****.
is this thing legit?(the seller said he bought it at a musicstore wich is authorised by epiphone.

i checked the fake epiphone thread and according to that thread my guitar seems to be the real deal, but only the serial bothers me.

so if anyone can help me out on this one, please post:)

Fuelish

Reaction score
hi,
today i purchased a used epiphone LP standard plus(used).
but when i got home and checked the serial number the first thing i noticed was that it didn't have a letter beginning the serial, its just numbers.

this is the serial: 081212****.
is this thing legit?(the seller said he bought it at a musicstore wich is authorised by epiphone.

i checked the fake epiphone thread and according to that thread my guitar seems to be the real deal, but only the serial bothers me.

so if anyone can help me out on this one, please post:)
They started using no letters in the serial number ..... the 08 is the model year....factory code is somewhere in the serial# (15??iirc...)

Fuelish

Reaction score
so i didn't buy a fake epiphone? :dude:
I didn't say that:naughty:.... serial numbers are faked as well ... go back and post pics in the fake epi thread....there's some knowledgeable folks there, and several clear photos of the guitar (perhaps use a real camera and not a cellphone.... cellphone pics generally suck ) would help the determination greatly :cool:
If it was indeed originally bought from an authorized dealer (do you know this to be fact???), it sure had better not be a fake, or that store would be risking it's business...

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They started using no letters in the serial number ..... the 08 is the model year....factory code is somewhere in the serial# (15??iirc...)

The factory code is 12, in this case (5th & 6th digit of the serial number).

These are the factory codes for serial numbers that start with numbers instant of letters
11 = MIC sticker on a '08 Masterbuilt 500
12 = DeaWon or Unsung (China -- uncertainty remains as to which factory)
15 = Qingdao (China) -- electric
16 = Qingdao (China) -- acoustic
17 = China, unknown factory
20 = DaeWon or Unsung (China -- uncertainty remains as to which factory)
21 = Unsung, Korea
22 = Korea, Unknown Factory
23 = Indonesia, Unknown Factory

maxxi

Reaction score
tnx shifty!
well the guy who sold it to me said the name of the store(and i know they have a special partnership with epiphone here in Belgium).

i also posted some pictures in the fake epi thread:)

Fuelish

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;1984258 said:
The factory code is 12, in this case (5th & 6th digit of the serial number).
Thanks, shifty....knew it was in there somewhere, but haven't paid close attention to the ordering of the new numbers....mine's an "old" '07 EE serial:)

Latest Threads