Les Paul Standard '50s P-90 - Gold Top - Out of Stock

Pirate Guidelines

Reaction score
New member, first post...hope I'm doing this right. (searched all forum threads first)

An odd question to begin with.
Just purchased a new Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s P-90 - Gold Top yesterday. (from GC)
When I finally talked myself into pushing the order button, I noticed GC was out of stock. (was in stock the day before)
I quickly looked at Sweetwater, musiciansfriend, and a few others, including the Gibson website, and they were all suddenly OOS.

Would appreciate ANY thoughts vis-a-vis is this unusual? Coincidence? A sign the model reached end of production? I should just shut up and be patient?

Many thanks

gball

Reaction score
For the past year the retailers have been selling out of Gibsons, specifically the Original Series, almost as fast as they can get them in stock. You can check Reverb or some of the smaller authorized retailers if you don't want to wait, or have Sweetwater, etc notify you when they are back in stock. It def has not ended production - they are very popular and something the faithful waited a long time for.

Reactions: JMP

pillbug

Reaction score
What g- ball said. Retailers just got Gibsons back in stock this week and everyone is jumping in. Plus, the P90s model is more rare (I.e. produced in fewer numbers overall) than the humbucker versions.

Pirate Guidelines

Reaction score
I'm glad I asked you guys...feeling a lot better about the whole thing.

Now it's time to sit back and wait !!!

Thanks pillbug

Latest Threads