Les Paul Special VE Walnut hotrod

cameronwalsh

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I bought this Epiphone Les Paul special VE in Walnut for roughly $150 USD from my local music shop. I put some P-90s in it from an old Tokai aswell as a new bone nut and vintage style tuners. Gave it a setup and I havn't stopped playing it.
Serial Number: 19122352176
Here is a video of me playing some blues on it at a gig recently:

Let me know what you think! Anyone else done the same with the VE series?
LP Special Deets.PNG
fornt body lp spec.jpg
fornt body lp spec.jpg
headstock lp spec.jpg

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar and enjoyed your playing - like blues styles. I have a Special VE in the Vintage Sunburst. Original humbuckers were ok, but I put a SD Distortion in the bridge and DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck, and like the tone better. Mine came with a very rough fretboard but I sanded and oiled it, and it's nice now.

Your P-90s sounded very good on the recording and look like a clean install. I'm speculating that yours came with the two standard humbuckers also? It likes like maybe the residual screw holes at the corners of the P-90s, but I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for them on the body closeups.

cameronwalsh

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar and enjoyed your playing - like blues styles. I have a Special VE in the Vintage Sunburst. Original humbuckers were ok, but I put a SD Distortion in the bridge and DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck, and like the tone better. Mine came with a very rough fretboard but I sanded and oiled it, and it's nice now.

Your P-90s sounded very good on the recording and look like a clean install. I'm speculating that yours came with the two standard humbuckers also? It likes like maybe the residual screw holes at the corners of the P-90s, but I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for them on the body closeups.
Thanks! Oh that’s cool I agree, the original pickups a were a little average but all these guitars need are a few adjustments. My neck was amazing right out of the box, ashame yours wasn’t but easy fix I guess

Haha, yea they’re the screws holes from the humbuckers. I did a pretty bad job of putting in the P-90s as I rushed it but they are screwed in place and work so am happy here. Will probably keep adding to this guitar as I keep playing it. I have some nice strats but this thing is a lot of fun to play, as you would know yourself :)

Street Lethal

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I bought this Epiphone Les Paul special VE in Walnut for roughly $150 USD from my local music shop. I put some P-90s in it from an old Tokai aswell as a new bone nut and vintage style tuners. Gave it a setup and I havn't stopped playing it.
Serial Number: 19122352176
Here is a video of me playing some blues on it at a gig recently:

Let me know what you think! Anyone else done the same with the VE series?
You're a good player. I was more interested in your playing than the guitar. I like the chromatic runs.

Latest Threads