Les Paul Special p90 bass control wiring

kbucketofwings

Reaction score
Hello...just got a new Les Paul Special w/p90s. (the walnut finish one similar to what Bob Marley played). Also my first Les Paul!
I know there are similar searches out there, but I'm looking for a pot and/or cap recommendation as well as wiring schematic for turning the treble/tone knob for the neck pickup into a bass control knob. the treble knob suits the sound of the bridge pickup, so I'll leave that as is.
thanks!

smk506

Reaction score
Hey welcome and congrats! The Les Paul special is a killer guitar, great choice!

You can just replace the capacitor for the neck pickup with one starting in the 0.0 range. 0.047 and 0.022 seem to be popular choices.

I did a similar mod in one of my Les Paul’s and it’s a useful change.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Great guitar, pics would be nice!
There really isn't a simple way to have your tone control add bass. The tone was designed to filter out the high end. You want to add bass, you need to have an active bass boost. Now, if you want to decrease the bass, there is a semi simple wiring that requires a 1 meg pot and a .002 cap. HOWEVER, it does require a separate pot. So you might have to go, neck vol/master tone/ bass, and bridge vol/master tone/bass. A few moments of being creative can make it work in a 4 pot guitar.

Latest Threads