Les Paul Special hard case

gruffydd3

Reaction score
I've searched the internet with no luck looking for a hard case for my 2011 Les Paul Special. It's probably useless to ask, but does anyone know of a company that makes a case for the Jr/Special? It doesn't fit a regular Les Paul case right because of the thinner body.

Meepers

Reaction score
My Jr. Fits fine in a regular LP case. Been gigged with, I moved about 5 or 6 times in the past 10 years. Been crammed in band vans, moving vans, cars and a million other places. Zero issues with it being a flat top and in a standard LP hard case.

EDIT:
I've also had a few different specials over the years, and no issues with them in standard LP cases either. They were all flat top guitars.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
My Jr. Fits fine in a regular LP case. Been gigged with, I moved about 5 or 6 times in the past 10 years. Been crammed in band vans, moving vans, cars and a million other places. Zero issues with it being a flat top and in a standard LP hard case.

EDIT:
I've also had a few different specials over the years, and no issues with them in standard LP cases either. They were all flat top guitars.
+1. I purchased a generic LP case made by (or for) Yorkville Canada and it fits perfectly. It also fits well in my other generic LP case.

Telechamp

Reaction score
This one should fit:

2015 Gibson USA Les Paul Jr Limited 100th Gold HARDSHELL CASE Guitar American - The STRATosphere

I've got the '15 Special and the tag on the case says: LP JR. So I think they're the same case.

Same here. I've got the '15 Special as well, and my case also says LP JR. Like you, I'm thinking these 2015 cases must all be the same.

(If you go to Gibson's website and look at the various 2015 LP models, they all show a picture of the same gold case..)

Image_zpslodtzn2s.jpg

Cjsinla

Reaction score
I bought a case for a Junior from Sweetwater and they sent me a Custom Shop LP case. Since then I've gotten two Custom Shop LP Specials and they both came in a regular LP case. The real Junior cases from the 50's were thinner but were practically cardboard. That gold case might be the closest thing you get to a hard case that actually fits a Jr. But, a LP case works fine.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
The thing that is hard to do site unseen is get a case with neck and head stock support.
I got a couple that are good for storage but I would never take a Les Paul any place in one.
I found a Epiphone case that works.

jeffy

Reaction score
None of the Junior owner's have chimed in yet?

What you want is a TKL 8824. (http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/220430-les-paul-jr-case.html)

The problem with using a regular Les Paul case is that the body of the guitar is unsupported so it will rest on the neck of the guitar. You can fix this by adding foam or a T-shirt or whatever under the body of the guitar to bulk it up.

Slappy2x

Reaction score
You can fix this by adding foam or a T-shirt or whatever under the body of the guitar to bulk it up.

This...

I keep my Special in a Gator LP case with a t-shirt under the body for added support......no issues.

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
I use a Gibson les paul case for my melody maker. I folded a towel and placed it under the body. Nice and snug.

gruffydd3

Reaction score
The TKL 8824 is a regular LP case. I tried my Special in my Gibson LP case and I can hear it flop back & forth inside plus the neck only makes contact at one spot.

I guess a folded towel or tee shirt is the only answer.

jeffy

Reaction score
The TKL 8824 is a regular LP case. I tried my Special in my Gibson LP case and I can hear it flop back & forth inside plus the neck only makes contact at one spot.

I guess a folded towel or tee shirt is the only answer.
The 8825 is for the regular Les Paul's. If you do a search on TKL's site for 'Junior', the 7824 and 8824 only appear. You can see the extra padding on the bottom of the case. Though i admit it's hard to see in the pic unless you know what you're looking for. The 8825 has the typical foam ramp under heal and tapers to the floor of the case while the 8824, continues all the way across. It's only about 1" of extra foam and lining but it makes a difference.

100_8206.jpg

gruffydd3

Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered a TKL 8824. Jeffy is right, it's a perfect fit for a Jr or Special. It's a really well made case too.

NHTom

Reaction score
I have two Gibson single cut specials in epiphone LP cases and they fit pretty well.

I have a Gibson double cut special in one of the brown Gibson USA cases and it fits perfectly.

My Sonex (another flat body LP shape) is in a douglas aftermarket case and I keep a white cotton tshirt folded under it to take up space.

I also heard great things about the Gator Journeyman case for a fat neck junior recently.

NHTom

jadslash

Reaction score
Or also maybe try an esp eclipse or similar case.

Latest Threads